Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Heavy Miner - Praxis
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Related to one of my old ideas about large and slow mining ship with good defense and and great RP possibilities i made first version of new ship...

It is modular ship with different parts that look like they have separate function...

First part of the ship covers engines, command post and crew bunks...Second part is used for mining and refining...(it will have arms like normal miner but they are located below the ship near the large opening...)..and finally third section is used as storage of mined commodities...

[Image: part1vs7.th.jpg][Image: part11qu6.th.jpg]

General idea is to make this ship to look like moving refinery...real installation...
This is only first idea and your input and opinions would be greatly appreciated...also i would like to discus its usability in game since it will be quite large ship...

Wow. Impressive work. Looks very FLish. Extremely so, actually. And very interesting, too. I'd love to see a skin on that baby. :cool:
Its purty. I likes it. Give it the most rigged cargo space ever but cut its impulse to like, 40, and disable cruise/thrusters.
' Wrote:Its purty. I likes it. Give it the most rigged cargo space ever but cut its impulse to like, 40, and disable cruise/thrusters.
Needs cruise. Thrusters are unnecessary, though. I'd say that impulse could be lowered to 70-60 but that's it.
Holy fudge monkies that massive miner looks effin sweet. My main question is where is the mining gear? Is this more of a refinery reling on csv's to collect and bring the ore back?

Flying one of these into an asteroid field would be VERY hard. Why not make it a little bit shorter? I understand that it could still sit at the edge of a field as is, but I think it would be a bit more fun for us Junkers to, say, take it through the colorado jumphole when we want to fetch some silver to use for soldering, brazing, catalyzing, etc. I can't wait to see the look on the Xenos' faces when they see one of these babies surrounded by a swarm of CSVs and Collectors...
I need one. Now.

I have a question to some technician on this point: Is it possible, that you can make one cargo out of another? I mean: you collect asteroid parts and your ship automatically changes them to some valuable ores or even metals. This would be awesome, because you will NEED a mining ship like this to get to the valuable products.

To come to the design: awesome! I like it, really. Personally I have big problems with skinning my models, but if you get this thing tecturized, well... PUT IT INGAME!
I feel like the rear should either be a bit more massive or removed.. the pipes looks way too fragile, otherwise good ship
Looks like a stationed miner. You are advancing on the talent, you know..
Pages: 1 2 3 4