Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Random Deaths
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
After entering the Orkney Jumphole in Languedoc there are times I exit in Orkney in the minefield, and experience near instant deaths. The only message I receive is "Hull Critical" my Hull drops entire chunks normally dead within 2 seconds. The ship cannot thrust, use nans or batts, and it cannot move period completely frozen in space. Any ideas?
What are you flying for starters?
The ship's hitbox could clip into the mine barrier, or the JH exits could be bugged.

Or your ship could be too big
Gallic Advanced Transport, I do the my runs through there none stop sometimes it is just completely random. I'm hoping not to be carrying something important and just exploding.
Are you formed with anyone? If so, that's your problem.
Are you lagging when this occurs?
Disable the 3d sound in your freelancer options folder- it should fix it. Second option would be to re-innstall FL, you could have as Dab suggested laggs or corrupted char/game install. If you give here the char name admins would be able to check it.
' Wrote:Are you formed with anyone? If so, that's your problem.

No formation just flying solo, I'll attempt another reinstall

Dab Posted Yesterday, 04:39 AM Wrote:Are you lagging when this occurs?

This is more then likely the case.
I had the exact same problem flying my BWT through the Virginia jumpgate in texas. Lag causes your ship to travel longer then it's supposed to during the "blue wormhole" sequence and you hit the mines.