Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Discovery Player Base Guide
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43
I have a problem.

I want to allow all IMG ID to dock at an IMG base. Not via tags. But I do not want to have it "free docking for all", because that would obviusly include people that I do not want there (and that would cause diplo problems).

How can I do that?
Or how can I open a base to indies, but still keep control of it, so that no people that would not dock at an npc IMG base can dock there?

Tnx in advance!
(11-11-2012, 11:43 AM)Jack_Henderson Wrote: [ -> ]I have a problem.

I want to allow all IMG ID to dock at an IMG base. Not via tags. But I do not want to have it "free docking for all", because that would obviusly include people that I do not want there (and that would cause diplo problems).

How can I do that?
Or how can I open a base to indies, but still keep control of it, so that no people that would not dock at an npc IMG base can dock there?

Tnx in advance!

You want to use the /base rep command with an IMG ship. Any ships which are above -5.5 with IMG will be able to dock at the base.
I only wish there would be some command to show, basic information about the base at once like "/base status" and it shows current wear level of the base, status of the shield, amount of modules in use, free storage capacity and some alerts like:

1) Current base HP: 7000000/8000000
2) Shield status: On (On/Off/Not build)
3) Used/free modules: 2/3
4) Free storage capacity 10000/30000

Alert! - Shield fuel is insufficient!
Alert! - Base living ratios is insufficient!
Alert! - Base repair materials is insufficient!
Alert! - Base crew is not full!
Alert! - Base has been attacked within 24hrs!

Of course most of this can be deduced but when there is some hot situation it could probably make your priorities different, also there is no information about current base HP anywhere at all which is crucial.

If somebody reads your information about "Wear and Tear Damage" it looks like repair materials is needed 24/7 which is quite financially inefficient and seems like you need a constant transport of this 10k basic alloy per 24hrs.. If you think to take a longer breath of the game you would probably have to fill the whole storage with it.
For example time needed to tear down whole base with no attacks at all for lvl 1 is around 60 hrs. For that time to be quite safe you would have to use over 60k of basic alloy.
Need of basic alloy to repair whole base is 8M/20k(1 type only)x2(units per cycle)= 800units! within 8M/20k=400 cycles x16 sec = 6400sec (less than 2hrs).
So generally if the base is quite safely located and you are not worried about base being at full strength 100% of the time you can save like 70 times the material! Don't drop it all to base, keep it on some ship and drop when its needed this way 5k cargo ship can provide sufficient material for like 15 days, only if we had current HP of the base this could be tweaked to this number.
I'm hoping it could be implemented not only for war situation to know how the base is handling the damage but also for peaceful times to save us all from sitting 24/7 on the server Big Grin
(11-13-2012, 03:02 PM)(Cdr)ThorOfAsgard Wrote: [ -> ]I only wish there would be some command to show, basic information about the base at once like "/base status" and it shows current wear level of the base, status of the shield, amount of modules in use, free storage capacity and some alerts like:

1) Current base HP: 7000000/8000000
2) Shield status: On (On/Off/Not build)
3) Used/free modules: 2/3
4) Free storage capacity 10000/30000

If somebody reads your information about "Wear and Tear Damage" it looks like repair materials is needed 24/7 which is quite financially inefficient and seems like you need a constant transport of this 10k basic alloy per 24hrs.. If you think to take a longer breath of the game you would probably have to fill the whole storage with it.

Press F9 when you are in the base, you can see HP, Shieldstatus Modules used and how much cargo space you have left.

If you have a base and wanto take a leave for a few days you'll have to ask a friend to supply it in that time.
Or fill it with repair commodities etc.
(11-13-2012, 03:09 PM)Xelon Wrote: [ -> ]Press F9 when you are in the base, you can see HP, Shieldstatus Modules used and how much cargo space you have left.

If you have a base and wanto take a leave for a few days you'll have to ask a friend to supply it in that time.
Or fill it with repair commodities etc.

Holly cow, those guys are fast, hahaha.
Well then my statement is no longer valid, quite unintuitive placement, though all the major stuff is made within commands.
Not sure was it included in the main guide section or I've missed it, anyways thank you for the hint thats more or less how i saw it in my mind Smile

Still I'll test this repair material tweak in long term, it seems to save a lot of hauling.
About the defense module and weapon platforms. How many I can make? And how do they take space? Do they take module like the core upgrade?
Yes they take 1 module space each.
So they take 1 module each? Out of 12? How the hell can I have any other modules, like jump drives, cloaking devices etc?
Well it depends for what you would use the base- if you are going to make production factory 2 platforms are more then enough. If you would block jump hole with battle station your set-up would be other, same story if you use the base as storage factory. If you plan to build stuff you hardly need more then level 2 base.
Can I make like Jump Drive IV without making the previous two? (Jumpdrive II,III). Same for Survey scanner?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43