Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Discovery Player Base Guide
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43
Could it be the webbrain is not up to date ?

https://webbrain.com/brainpage/brain/943...3DA2F6#-26

Excemple : to my knowledge magnetic superconductors is not traded at Ames research station.
(08-05-2015, 09:49 AM)FynnMcScrap Wrote: [ -> ]Could it be the webbrain is not up to date ?

https://webbrain.com/brainpage/brain/943...3DA2F6#-26

Excemple : to my knowledge magnetic superconductors is not traded at Ames research station.
It is possible. But as far as I know magnetic superconductors are only outdated commodity because their selling points were changed not long ago after cloak disruptors were introduced.
(06-29-2015, 09:00 PM)Alley Wrote: [ -> ]Magnetic Superconductors can be purchased on Pueblo Station in Colorado for 350$ or Planet Nuremberg in Munich for 1500$
ah, thx

I missed that.

edit : we are talking about the "set price" base commodity, not the tradeable stuff... where do we mix this up ?
Hello, My jump drive is on the list, waiting to be bought, but for some reason when i try to buy it i get an error:

ERR Base will not sell goods

I have set the price, logged in, and my base has the money.

What do i do?
(08-10-2015, 02:44 PM)DusanDule Wrote: [ -> ]Hello, My jump drive is on the list, waiting to be bought, but for some reason when i try to buy it i get an error:

ERR Base will not sell goods

I have set the price, logged in, and my base has the money.

What do i do?
Do you have correctly set the minimum amount of the item? Because if there is only one jump drive, then the minimum amount must be set to 0 or the base will not sell it to you.
I have a few questions about actions regarding POBs in terms of their mechanics and server rules:

Mechanics: Is there a max distance between a POB and one of its Weapons Platforms? I have found nothing but silence on the matter.

Mechanics: Also, do POBs fire on each other if they are marked hostile to each other? Again, no mention, but probably not.

For example, the Rogues manage to build a POB right next to Long Island without intervention (suspend your disbelief), then mark the base as belonging to the Liberty Rogues after getting it powered up with, say, a Shield Generator and two Weapons Platforms, both in range of Long Island's turrets, and then set defensemode to "kill everyone not in good standing or in a Camera Ship". Would the bases fire on each other? One, that spectacle would be worth traveling all over Sirius for a battle that will last a few hours without intervention depending on how well-supplied both bases are, and two, it's roughly a hundred million (103,650,000, numbers from Guide and estimates for consumables, in this case, we're assuming 2k of crew and food/water/oxygen, 14k MOX, 14k Reinforced Alloy) in exchange for watching two POBs duke it out, if they notice each other at all.

Finally,

Rules: Is it okay to use POBs to blockade a dockable object? Melbourne and Golden Coin were interdicting Jumps to and from Omega-49/Alaska until the Gate/Hole was moved, so it's not without precedent to do so.

Being a part-time idiot, I probably missed those questions. If I did, point me in the right direction.
A couple protips for those that seek advanced guidance:

PoBs use the same logic as your ship's inventory, so ammo does not take up cargo space unless it does on your ship. You can have potentially an infinite amount of munitions aboard due to this.

Store your FWO in multiples of 240 to more easily measure how much food you have.

Crew are always last in the base shop.

If your base is not in a combat-heavy environment, it can last for days before it wears and tears itself to death. However, if some lolindie comes along, hope you have nothing valuable aboard that would be particularly missed.

Bases are either factories or supply dumps. Determine what yours will be before you build lest you run out of space.
Continuing on with that, if you feel ballsy and/or are too cheap to advance to Core 2, make an annex base right next to it. Just drop a reasonably large transport/train and only use it to haul from Base A to Base B.

How to get away with metagaming: PoB Edition
-or-
How I made my first billion
(If anyone asks, you can claim you got the goods from a third party. You're the first party, the people you're selling to are the second, and the PoB is the third.)
You have your PoB.
Make an (to the untrained eye) unaffiliated character.
Get a Freelancer ID and a large transport of your choice. (I go for either a Pirate Train or Serenity)
NPC Pirate in that puppy and grab valuable cargo.
Vamoose back to your fortress of deceit and evil and log a legit trader to haul your ill-gotten booty for high profits.
Rinse and repeat, with no-one (lawful, that is; Admins know all, and, well, I haven't been slapped for it yet.) the wiser.
Ironically, this has profits comparable to powertrading if you interdict the right shipments, without any silent trading or anything, and on an off day, you supply the base with materials to make goodies such as modules.
Disclaimer: This trick is kind of a grey area, and if a green tells me to knock it off, I'll knock it off, and baleet this bit so I'm not a bad influence.
I have a Question I Buildet my Base yesterday and today i removed some items (Water, Food and O²) to get more space and now I can´t sell anymore these goods to my base.

The Problem is I bought these Item and before I dock to my base I looked in my cargo to see if the goods are still in my cargo and then after I Docked to my Base the goods aren´t listed in my cargo space anymore ( but they still occupie the cargo space) and after i undock from my base they are right back in my cargo.......

Anyone can explain this?
(05-24-2016, 05:15 PM)Famir Wrote: [ -> ]I have a Question I Buildet my Base yesterday and today i removed some items (Water, Food and O²) to get more space and now I can´t sell anymore these goods to my base.

The Problem is I bought these Item and before I dock to my base I looked in my cargo to see if the goods are still in my cargo and then after I Docked to my Base the goods aren´t listed in my cargo space anymore ( but they still occupie the cargo space) and after i undock from my base they are right back in my cargo.......

Anyone can explain this?

Add me on Skype and I'll try to help.
Ok thanks for the offering but restarting my Computer and Router fixed the Problem
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43