Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Discovery Player Base Guide
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43
' Wrote:Updated Array mkI to reflect that. If anyone can get the count on the other two platforms somehow that would be splendid too.

Array MKII: Equipped with battleship pulse and cerberus weaponry.

These "used" to be 4 BS pulse and 2 BS cerb.
Urg double post sorry!
(also just tested weapon platforms again, still broke!)
I accidentally did /shop remove on a commodity in my base, when I try to restock the same item again, the specific item I removed doesn't show up in my ship at all (even though it shows the ship's cargo space is filled, and other items do show up), so therefore I couldn't sell it to the base.

Is this a bug or have I done something wrong, or is there a way to overcome this ?
Another Question.

Does radiation damage weapon platforms?
If so, does that trigger the shield?

I think i heard of such issues some time ago.

Regards,
Talesin
' Wrote:I accidentally did /shop remove on a commodity in my base, when I try to restock the same item again, the specific item I removed doesn't show up in my ship at all (even though it shows the ship's cargo space is filled, and other items do show up), so therefore I couldn't sell it to the base.

Is this a bug or have I done something wrong, or is there a way to overcome this ?

If you used /shop remove [Item#] the item was jettisoned into space. It does not going into your cargo holds. Only way to get it back on the base is to sell it to the base as an admin.

If you're saying you had that item in your cargo holds (of your ship) before you did the /shop remove and tried to use them to restock the item and couldn't see them, they it is likely a bug.

Last night I experienced some issues with items I knew were on my base not being there. After a few minutes of tinkering we got them to show up.

If you can more clearly define what happened and what you did, it would be easier to try to reproduce it.

' Wrote:Another Question.

Does radiation damage weapon platforms?
If so, does that trigger the shield?

I think i heard of such issues some time ago.

Regards,
Talesin

Radiation damages the platforms last I heard, I'm not sure if it triggers the shield. I remember reading about the Junkers having a platform in a field that did damage and it bringing the shields online all the time. I'll pester one of them for info.
last time i checked i wasnt able to build a defence turret mk 2 (or the other new one) does it work now? and if not any idea when it does?
' Wrote:Radiation damages the platforms last I heard, I'm not sure if it triggers the shield. I remember reading about the Junkers having a platform in a field that did damage and it bringing the shields online all the time. I'll pester one of them for info.

Yea, if i am informed right, then the weap platforms around San Juan get (sun-corona-indicated)radiation damage, die and respawn.
I think i heard rumors that when the weapon platforms around Diamant Station in O11 are placed within the sun's corona, then that would trigger the shield, which is why they are deployed in the "normal" radiation damage.
Since i own a base in a "normal" radiation field i'd like to know what would most likely happen, before i waste such much ressources.

Regards,
Talesin
I apologies for my terrible English, ill try explain it more clearly.

Just before I explain the situation, in the scenario, pretend everything I do will already have admin access.

Anyway on to the point, I am not sure if you would get the same thing, but on my base if I did /shop remove (lets say water)
-The base jettison the cargo as intended
-But prevents you to restock the same item temporarily (about 30 minutes+)

Now lets say if I got my 1000 cargo transport and carried about 500 H fuel and 500 Water, which I brought to resupply the base with. After shop remove command, when I go to the commodity trader, the water I have in my ship's cargo hold doesn't show up at all. The H-fuel however will still appear on the ship as normal and be able to sell it.

The base will still show the cargo hold meter on your transport as still there, and the water will still be in the ship when you undock from the station, but the water simply wont show up while you are trading inside the station. This effect last a while before return to normal again

Not sure if its a bug or intended, but you can try and see if its the same for you ... and sorry if the amount of "water" i type made you abit peckish for a drink.
' Wrote:[...]
Now lets say if I got my 1000 cargo transport and carried about 500 H fuel and 500 Water, which I brought to resupply the base with. After shop remove command, when I go to the commodity trader, the water I have in my ship's cargo hold doesn't show up at all. The H-fuel however will still appear on the ship as normal and be able to sell it.

The base will still show the cargo hold meter on your transport as still there, and the water will still be in the ship when you undock from the station, but the water simply wont show up while you are trading inside the station. This effect last a while before return to normal again

Not sure if its a bug or intended, but you can try and see if its the same for you ... and sorry if the amount of "water" i type made you abit peckish for a drink.

If you have Water in your cargohold, it should show up in the shop at the left side of the menu. If it doesn't, it's clearly a bug.

Regards,
Talesin
' Wrote:Yea, if i am informed right, then the weap platforms around San Juan get (sun-corona-indicated)radiation damage, die and respawn.
I think i heard rumors that when the weapon platforms around Diamant Station in O11 are placed within the sun's corona, then that would trigger the shield, which is why they are deployed in the "normal" radiation damage.
Since i own a base in a "normal" radiation field i'd like to know what would most likely happen, before i waste such much ressources.

Regards,
Talesin

Yes, radiation damage to a weapon platform still triggers the shields.

@ Conveyance

Sounds like a bug, we experienced something similar last night on Nichols. I'll see if I can simulate it.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43