Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Discovery Player Base Guide
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43
Is there any kind of explanation or guide for server operators on how to customize the base.cfg file? Some of it, such as recipes, seem to be fairly self explanatory, but others, such as how to alter the time between consumable consumption or how to turn such down isn't. Also the shield_power_item is a bit confusing.

These values are great on the Main Discovery server. Some servers don't have the population to support these though and therefore there should be some guide for server operators so they can configure it for their server.

If this is in the wrong place, I apologize. I searched for this information using several different search terms and this thread was the only result.

Janus
That is a Cannon question; he is the man behind the magic that is the player base feature. I'm just the monkey who tries to explain how it works for end users (players). I'd suggest you drop Cannon a PM regarding it and good luck!
' Wrote:That is correct. 1% of damage received passes through the base's shield. In order to defeat a base, you have to make that 1% high enough to over come the repairs done by using just basic alloy; this will force it to consume the other repair materials and/or use more basic alloy.
Taking down a base that's well supplied ain't easy. It can be done in theory, but in reality, you'll never be able to gather as many battleships that's needed to keep up with the base's repairrate. I did some calculations based on following assumptions: The base has full crew for it's level and it has all three repair materials stocked.

Core level 1
Repair capacity / 16 s: 180.000
Number of BS cerberus to deal this damage: 25

Core level 2
Repair capacity / 16 s: 360.000
Number of BS cerberus to deal this damage: 50

Core level 3
Repair capacity / 16 s: 540.000
Number of BS cerberus to deal this damage: 75

Core level 4
Repair capacity / 16 s: 720.000
Number of BS cerberus to deal this damage: 100

Shooting at a properly supplied base is, in most cases, a waste of time. The supplies needs to be cut off for it to be a realistic task. Already at level 1, you'd need more than ten battleships. (I know there are a few that can handle firing three cerbs, but most fire two).
' Wrote:Taking down a base that's well supplied ain't easy. It can be done in theory, but in reality, you'll never be able to gather as many battleships that's needed to keep up with the base's repairrate.

Shooting at a properly supplied base is, in most cases, a waste of time. The supplies needs to be cut off for it to be a realistic task. Already at level 1, you'd need more than ten battleships. (I know there are a few that can handle firing three cerbs, but most fire two).

Aye. Taking down a base isn't suppose to be easy. The only way to kill a well supplied base is to cut its supply lines and defeat it by attrition. Or wait until you can confirm the owners pants are down and capitalize on his or her pants being down.

Smallwood was a shining example of those facts. Thank you for the math though, I know a ton of people who will be happy to have that stuff.
Seems Jump Drives are either bugged or got a slight unannounced modification. They seem to have had their accuracy reduced significantly.

Testing on a set of coords that normally put the jump ship 7-10k off the initial survey point has now put them jump ship anywhere from 30k to 100k off the initial survey point. This is using a mark 4 drive with coords from a mark 3 scanner.

Perhaps some first steps in balancing jump trading, who knows.
Added image of Type 3 weapons platform. Thanks to IC| and Miranda!
Updated the Survey Module section with the latest changes. I need data on the accuracy of the middle survey module's accuracy. Also added a note in the first post warning people about the danger of using jump drives.

If anything else has changed recently that I have missed drop a post here to let me know. If you find anything out of date, let me know too. Also, suggestion as additions to the guide would be great.
I copied these informations from the wiki, i guess that saves some work when one wants to compare the different weapon platforms.

[Image: tabellekpyiotsgr1.png]

How many weapons can shoot each side at those weapon platforms? That would be quite interesting to know.

Regards,
Talesin
Greetings, i have problem with base...i can't make price in sell and buy...

Always me says ERR Price not valid, ERR Commotidy doesn't exist...:(I'm tired...please some one explain me...how i can make...and what commands i need to type?

Thanks.
After you have logged in
/shop price "items number" "Price" "min units" "Max units"
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43