Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Hail Pilots
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
My son first introduced me to Freelancer years ago. My first impression was that it looked like a fancy screen saver where a spaceship flew around endlessly. Then I tried it myself. Hundreds of hours and many years later it's still my favorite game. I've played the Vanilla campaign over and over, tried just about every mod made for it, and played on a nice variety of servers. It was the first game I ever played online. It is seriously cool to enjoy hours of playing with my teenage son having fun using our imaginations and meeting cool people together.

I have played off and on as an Indie on this server, but hadn't committed to joining the server or any factions. RL has me out of my country (USA) for a year or more at a time and I often have super slow if any internet when I'm away. I'm currently in the Middle East again but was home for a couple weeks (R&R) and set up a couple chars to play when I get home next year. I have the ability to get on the forums now though and thought I'd like to start some RP and participate in the community so I am already a bit established when I can get on again.

I am interested in developing a Junker char I had started, (Tyber.Zann - Salvager) I prefer to RP than to shoot and I see some interesting opportunities to do so with that faction. I understand the rules and I have not had a negative encounter yet (and yes, I've been both pirated and taxed but neither was a negative experience). When I feel like shooting I fly a BH bomber once in a while.

I like helping new players enjoy the game as I do and try to be creative in finding ways to help without just anon sending creds (though I've been known to do so every so often). I played on another Disco RP server for a year or so and had a faction I was very involved with and enjoyed the experience. (I would never say anything negative about any of the other servers I've played as they all had fun components to them and I appreciate the hard work and creativity invested in them).

I look forward to becoming a part of the community and eventually seeing you in space again.
Welcome, have fun! :cool:

Username removed

Nice introduction man, welcome, enjoy, do read rules.
Awesome, welcome !!
You Sir, seem quite cool. Welcome indeed.
Heh - good luck with those loose lol-capitals killing transports.
I'll be damned, a new guy with a lack of a sense of entitlement... Welcome.

' Wrote:Heh - good luck with those loose lol-capitals killing transports.

Good thing you're still flying so you know exactly what you're talking about, right?
I've seen you out on my BPA patrols quite a lot. You probably stick in my mind as I assumed the Forces of Corruption Tyber Zann would be a pirate;)
Hope you enjoy your new-found focus in the server!
I am a Star Wars fan, as well as all kinds of Sci-Fi, so that's where the name came in. I don't intend to play the char from another game. My fav char on the other Disco RP server is called Ner'vod because I liked the Mando books by Karen Travis (she's the author that created a language for them for Lucas).

My BH is LeanderMcNelly, the guy who started the Texas Rangers. I like names with some connotation and my char is from the Texas system.

I have had fun naming miners with obviously piratey (such a word?) names like CapKidd or Barbossa. people see you in chat and figure you're not prey. Even had pirates ask in PM if I wanted to join a raid, etc. I've never pretended to be one, I RP a straight forward miner, but you know what happens when you ass-ume things haha.

Well that is one way to keep them off your back.
It's good to see you've got some sort of meaning to your characters - better than all the silent traders and '2milordai' pirates that are around.