Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Player bases. Read the guides, still unsure.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I read the guide (http://discoverygc.com/forums/index.php?...pic=125834 and http://discoverygc.com/forums/index.php?...ic=122507), but still have a few questions on player bases. :rtfm::wacko:

1 - Construction resources
Quote:200 units of one of the ingredient commodities will be eaten every ten seconds. If you run out, the base will look for another ingredient to eat. If you run out of everything, construction will pause until you deliver more goods.
Does this apply for the entire base or individual mods? I mean, the base also eats repair materials and stuff. Does this number only include construction materials? Will base repair/shielding be unavailable?

2 - Multiple constructions
Can I say build a core upgrade and a defense module at the same time? will the base then consume 200*2 of their respective construction materials every 10 seconds?

3 - Progress bar
Any update on ETAs and such?

4 - Building stuff
Does building jump drives for instance also consume 200 materials per 10 second? Can I build more than one equipment at once if I have more than one factory? Can I have more than one factory of one type? Can I have a core upgrade/new module construction going on, while building equipment? Will having 2 factories and a core upgrade going on slow down individual equipment/module construction time?

5 - When out of resources, how long before base goes boom? Thinking if it is economical letting hull integrity degrade, then just come in and patch it up.

Thanks, that is all :yahoo:
Afaik, there's no way to affect base resource consumption rate. So yes, you can build 2 things at once - but that won't change anything. (and actual resource consumption rate is smaller then 200 per 10 seconds. It was dropped by 1/3 at least, in one of recent updates). Base only consumes one material at a time (with exception of food/oxy/water/fuel/repairs cycles)
Quote:Afaik, there's no way to affect base resource consumption rate. So yes, you can build 2 things at once - but that won't change anything.

So you're saying having 2 things built at once means they each build at half speed? Also will really appreciate someone answering this systematically, I know it's a pain... sorry.
So it will be wiser to build 10 level 1 stations than upgrade one to level 12 (unless a storage depot or something?
' Wrote:So you're saying having 2 things built at once means they each build at half speed?
Yes.
Alright, even if they are totally different things? In 2 different factories?

So basically upgrading bases is only good for adding more defenses and more storage? In that case, I'm going to build a chain of 10 level 1 stations... each with a factory. Any word on imminent changes?
' Wrote:Alright, even if they are totally different things? In 2 different factories?

So basically upgrading bases is only good for adding more defenses and more storage? In that case, I'm going to build a chain of 10 level 1 stations... each with a factory. Any word on imminent changes?

Aha, good luck supplying those level one stations.
Not mentioning their vulnerability.
(but if you have the required manpower - yes, this way you will be able to mass produce stuff at higher speed)

There's indeed nothing to be gained from building 2 Cloak Device Factories on same base.
What about a cloak device AND a jump drive factory? Do they both build at snails crawl speeds? How long does it take to make a level 4 jumpdrive these days assuming max supply?

As for supply, one massive central station with 10 space upgrades should do the job, then it's just a matter of supplying the outlying bases about 1k apart, still within the reach of the central defense platforms.

BTW, do base defenses shoot through the base, or wouldn't those behind the base just damage the base? Or do they not shoot through the base/other bases?
What about for DIFFERENT modules? Say a jump drive factory and a cloaking device factory? Will they both build at normal speeds simultaneously?

Also, how long will it take to build a jump drive MK4?
I'll throw my question in here instead of making a whole new thread

Does the base automatically get a shield, or do I have to do a core upgrade to get that?
Shields need a shield generator module. Not a core upgrade. Core upgrades increases your number of maximum modules. No benefit of having mroe than one shield module.
Pages: 1 2 3