Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Wiki Image Upload Issue
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have noticed some of the images I have uploaded to the wiki aren't showing up and I don't have a clue why. All that it shows is a box with a small icon in place of the image.

It seems to happen to most of the images I put up so I'm assuming it must be some way that I'm formatting them or something similar.

Odd thing is that when these files were put up they seemed to be showing fine, but recently they've changed, in about the past month or so.

It dosent appear to affect images already on the wiki, only ones which I upload (save for one and thats the Lieutenant Icon on wiki page 3).

If anyone has any advice on fixing this it would be very appreciated.

Wiki Pages Affected:

Wiki Page 1
Wiki Page 2
Wiki Page 3

- As well as a new one I was in the process of working on.
Moved to proper section. And the reason why this is happening is because the extension of the uploaded images is upper case. You need to reupload/rename it so that extension is lower case, otherwise for some reason the resizing fails.
I've fixed it for the images on the Wiki pages you pointed out above. In the future, you can do it yourself by going to the page for the file and pressing the "Move" tab on the top of the page, and then changing the extension of the file from .JPG to .jpg, as Blodo pointed out. I've been aware of the issue for quite some time, but it's not easy to fix as Ihaven't found an easy way to search for the upper case file extension (yet) - neither Google nor the Wiki search engine distinguishes between upper and lower case in searches.

And it does affect files already on the Wiki - looks like a recent update broke all images with upper-case file extensions, as it wasn't a problem two-three months or so ago.

As a general rule of thumb, though: using lower-case file extensions is always a good idea.
Thank you to both of you for the advice, I'll keep it in mind when uploading future images.

To Blodo thanks two fold for the advice and moving this to the correct thread, apologies for the wrong placing on my part in the first place.

And Error really appreciate your time in fixing the image's if there are any that crop up that I haven't noticed I'll be sure to take on board you're advice about the "Move" tab.