Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: My new project.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So... I'm not sure how much, but most of you probably know that I'm filmmaker of some sort. So, I've decided to publish what I'm going to work on for a while.

A brief story: Just a week ago, I got a request from regional cinema center "Garsas" ("Sound") to write a short script concept about any kind of local story (myth, historical event) and, if they'll like it, film it with their assistance. Since I was abandoned my e-mail for a while, I find center's letter just one day before the deadline of film ideas sending (the letter was sent to other creators, and only one film will be shot). So, in little of time I had to get an idea of film and send it to them already. My region is well known for "book smugglers", people who smuggled Lithuanian books during the restriction of Lithuanian alphabet in years of Russian Empire occupation, and for local partisans (guerrilla warfares who fought against Russian occupants during 1944 - 1953; more about them: Wikipedia article (Eng.)). Since recreating times of Russian Empire occupation would be a bit too expensive, I've decided to stay with idea of partisans. For whole day I was looking for any story to write about... and I've found one.

There were two brothers. The older one decided to join the resistance (partisans) and went to the forest. After a while, he began to return from time to time (it is unknown what was the reason, but I think that was a simple food gathering). One day, his younger brother decided to follow him to the forest. Everything ended up tragically... the older brother with some other fellow brothers in arm were ambushed (it's unknown was that NKVD or local strybkies (Wikipedia article (Eng.) ) in the aftermath of (probably) short battle, the remained partisans were executed, including the older brother, while the younger one saw everything.

Not sure why, but this story deeply touched my. The younger brother was approx. 12 years old, so, seeing how someone related to you is being killed in such age is something unimaginable.

The story itself will be told from the perspective of the younger brother in film. Since everything I wrote above is all information I could got, I've tried to use my imagination and interpret the story still trying to stay in borders of the original story and historical context.

Filming will start in the middle of June. Approx time of film - 20-30 minutes.

Hope to give you some more information soon (share some pictures, trailers and stuff). Wish me luck!

Sorry for taking your time and posting about something what is not released yet. :unsure:
sounds cool.

would you be interested in a filming project in Tanzania?

bloogaL

Sounds pretty good, I look forward to seeing the results.
' Wrote:sounds cool.

would you be interested in a filming project in Tanzania?

Yeah. Sometime. If I'll have serious money for that. Thanks for the offer anyway.
remind me in about six months.

its for charidee... so the charity doesnt have a huge bunch of moneys.... free holiday and all the cute volunteers you can handle?
' Wrote:remind me in about six months.
its for charidee... so the charity doesnt have a huge bunch of moneys.... free holiday and all the cute volunteers you can handle?

No, I mean, I would need some money to travel there and stuff. I think you can find someone else closer to Tanzania >.>
You won't need money in the bush (no shops), and in town, accommodation and food is covered. Beer money... well, one beer costs 1GBP in a night club, so you wont spend much.

travel money... if you like, we can arrange sponsorship - you just have to be willing to climb kilimanjaro, and then peeps will be willing to sponsor you, esp if you're making a film...

' Wrote:You won't need money in the bush (no shops), and in town, accommodation and food is covered. Beer money... well, one beer costs 1GBP in a night club, so you wont spend much.
travel money... if you like, we can arrange sponsorship - you just have to be willing to climb kilimanjaro, and then peeps will be willing to sponsor you, esp if you're making a film...

I sense trolling here :D