Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Question regarding PVP rules
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Earlier today, a member of QCO came to me when I was on patrol on my BPA constable requesting a sparring match, to get some more practice in his new bomber. Now, with both of us being in Bretonian factions, Connecticut was a little too far for us to go, so we decided to go to Poole instead to have an uninterrupted duel that was still close enough to our normal duties that it wouldn't take long to respond to emergencies like OPG gunships in Cambridge.

The results of the battle are unimportant, but if you must know, I lost.

I was considering a second match with him, but I was unsure if exceptions to rules 5.7 (must leave system upon defeat) and 5.8 (no re-engaging after the match) were allowed outside of Connecticut if the participants agreed to it. So, if all participants agree, would rematches be allowed?

(besides, I didn't want to lose again. :laugh:)
rules only apply when the people cannot agree on different terms. so - in general, players adhere to the rules, cause the rules represent the lowest common denominator regarding to interaction on a community base.

if however all the people involved feel that they can "skip" one of those rules or more, its up to them ( but only if EVERYONE involved agrees out of her/his free will ) - so the harvesters were allowed to attack zoners with capital ships ( a direct violation to the rules ) - but they only attacked those that "allowed" them to do so on a playerbase, so that they could RP on a characterbase.

so if you duel with someone, you can make your own rules - mind if there happens to get another person involved ( like when you duel, and are ambushed by a pirate ) - the general rules apply automaticly, as the pirate hasn t agreed to the special terms. - but as long as the engagement only concerns those that agreed to it... you can re-engage and even shield run as much as you like. ( of course you cannot agree on things like using cheats:laugh:)

there have been problems with that in the past. - people practicing pvp, and being ambushed got upset. - but thats how the game works. - poole is most certainly a good place to practice as it is a guard system ( not sure if its playerfaction owned though - so its not clear if the faction has the right to govern over it )

one last thing - personally i consider it bad RP to "kill" others, even if its practice. - its as bad as suiciding into a planet to safe repair costs.

' Wrote:one last thing - personally i consider it bad RP to "kill" others, even if its practice. - its as bad as suiciding into a planet to safe repair costs.

In RP you are both docked on a base in the guard system and sitting in a combat simulator :P