Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: New Plugin/Rule proposition
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Based on that:
http://discoverygc.com/forums/index.php?sh...p;#entry1778634

Official factions responsibilities:
Quote:2) Official factions that are attempting to represent the entirety of a NPC affiliation have the responsibility to be caretakers of the history and evolving storyline of the NPC faction in such a way that it remains open to involvement by non-player faction affiliates to the extent that is permitted by the server rules.
3 & 4) Official factions have the responsibility to consider the overall well-being of the Mod and player base in general when planning activities and faction rules, and should seek to enhance the gameplay on the server as a whole

Rule proposition:

Quote:4.12 Official factions should not use Connecticut system with Official tagged ships. Official tagged ships are permitted in Connecticut only for equipment transfer and exchange. If the official faction members want to train in Connecticut they are free to do so without a official tag.

Because Official factions should contribute in the server Role-Play, Conn is OORP system, and official factions should not get on-line time for being not in RP environment, because PvP in Conn does not improve the Sever Gameplay. I personally like Conn a lot with the new command and keep 3-4 ships there as well.
After some discussion:
Actually the best option would be to remove the Time Tag counter for Connecticut, however I am not sure if this is technically possible.

Comments are welcome, troll away.
Yes, I agree. Official factions should not receive credit for nonRP flight time in Connecticut. This time should not count toward activity requirements.
' Wrote:Indeed. I saw one faction live up to official status with 7+ hours logged in Connecticut by single person...

EDIT: Possible FLHook script to prevent persons with official tag doing /conn ? (sun)
This is my post in that thread as well.

My idea is to basically make so that FL hook script would check for pre-entered name string which is official faction or faction which is trying to become official and deny access.
I am fine with a script that prevents conn from being in the activity tracker, but banning factions from using it is rather silly. It is really the best place to practice, and not every group has a guard system to train in.

Where else can I test my Bowex battle Shire?
' Wrote:Where else can I test my Bowex battle Shire?
On Mojave-NY JG lane. Nuff' said.
Quote:4.12 Official factions should not use Connecticut system with Official tagged ships. Official tagged ships are permitted in Connecticut only for equipment transfer and exchange. If the official faction members want to train in Connecticut they are free to do so without a official tag.

This is extremely and needlessly convoluted, something the Discovery rules certainly does not need more of.

Quote:Official Faction ships may not enter Connecticut

Would be simpler, and more concise.

But yes, an edit to the timelogger would be vastly superior to adding yet another rule.
Just find a way to exclude the time flown in Connecticut to the timers.

Thing is, it's still the same player flying a ship.
If it has a tag or not, and people testing their faction ships there, well I don't see a issue as long as they also help improving the RP in the RP world of the faction and are active there.

But I also think that's the responsibility of faction leaders to guide their members for a good balance
' Wrote:Where else can I test my Bowex battle Shire?
You could try another of 200 systems out there.

Is the damage done by official factions playing in Connecticut significant enough that it requires a rule update or a new plugin?

I'm of the opinion that it doesn't warrant any of the above mentioned changes though if somebody volunteers for writing a working plugin then ye why not.
I'd say that one can easily RP that Conn is a VR environment and very suitable for training. However, I dislike seeing official factions maintain their status by hogging time in Conn.
Would be easiest to simply let factions practice when they want to, and have the Admins slap any factions which rip the arse out of it. The way it currently works, more or less.
Pages: 1 2 3 4