Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: SoaSE Rebellion
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Why is there no thread in the general gaming section for the upcoming Sins of a Solar Empire Rebellion game?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lG6FR_zF1aU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XlQKdykGAEs

For those of you who do not know, the original SoaSE is a kind or real time strategy game crossed with a 4X game. You do your thing, explore planets, research tech, dabble in diplomatic and underworld relations. Eh, it is fun stuff, not as in depth as some other 4X games, but it is a lot more complex than alot of RTS games... it is a weird mix, even has some RPG things in it because capital ships can level up and cast 'spells'.

So far there have been two major expansions to the original game, each adding new ships and tech and gameplay changes, but this latest one, Rebellion, combines everything together in a single standalone game with a new graphics engine along with doubling the amount of player factions you have access to. I have the public beta and I must say that so far I am impressed with the improvements over the original game. There are still some balance issues and glitches, but hey, it is a public beta. You get it when you pre-purchase on steam.

There is no thread because I'm too poor to buy it. ;~;
Sweet!

I played the the frist game, sucked away plenty of hours from my lifespan. Me and my brother used to play multiplayer alot race to conquer everyone then turn on each other:)

Could never get into the tech tree of the other race's so used Trader Emergency Coalition (TEC)

Got to see if I can dig it out as I doubt this would work on my laptop. Couple of months and I can upgrade my tower!!
Cool thing is that you do not need the original to play Rebellion, it is stand alone so it comes without the need for vanilla:P

And yes, I love the TEC myself... I adore their uber economy... and Novaliths :P
Naaaah.
We are exiles no longer.:nyam:
Uuuuf, I can't wait for the new ships.

EDIT: They finally decided to make a decent opening =D
When I get it and play it,then I'll post something about it.
Had a blast modding the others,so it should be interesting.
Sins is a wonderful game. The scale of it is impressive...though, is this an expansion or a whole new game? I think I read something about it a while back but never followed the development.

~Leo
' Wrote:is this an expansion or a whole new game?
' Wrote:Rebellion, combines everything together in a single standalone game with a new graphics engine along with doubling the amount of player factions you have access to.
Only sad thing about it - engine won't scale very well. Once the game needs to keep track of several maxed out fleets across 5 or so star systems, things tend to slow down. I do know that when maxed out fleets meet, the Unity ships tend to overpower anything. Could be a case of bad NPC management however - I tend to play long, slow games vs NPCs where you have a bottleneck at each starsystem: 3 to 5 stars with a ring of planets and one gateway - that can be fortified, along with the star's own gravwell. Building 4 Trancensia starbases with 4 fighter upgrades and spamming 8 fighter/12 bomber on each tends to lay waste to any hostile fleet silly enough to come near. That's 48 bomber groups...
Pages: 1 2 3