Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Liberty fighter loadouts
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Liberty guns are notoriously difficult to balance with each other. This makes it tempting to use civilian guns and/or codename weapons.

Does the Liberty Navy have guidelines or recommendations in this area? What is the preferred loadout, or lacking that are there any combinations which are frowned upon?

-Curious Recruit
On what ship?
If you're fond of slow refires, put all magmas on your guardian/avenger/whatever. If not, Vengies with debs works good for some, too.

It's fairly obvious, the loadouts I mean. Unless I'm getting something wrong.
Yeah the obvious stuff is obvious, use the lasers with fast debs, or use the plasma with the slow debs. Non-obvious is where problems start, what if I want some of each? Does the house look down on codes, or using civvies?

' Wrote:On what ship?
The fighters, general policy question unless there are specific loadout preferences
I realize the Fighters. Which one? The Guardian has a vastly different playstyle to the Avenger, or the Liberator.
I don't understand. Do you want to mix Vengeances with Hammers ? That's not a good idea. Oh, and don't use debs with Hammers, full Hammers are more effective.
I don't think any house has any kind of policy on weapons usage.
I'm just wondering what is considered good RP by the house forces

My guardian loadout uses 2 magma (600) for punching, 2 solaris (600) for tracking and whittling, and 2 imp. deb mk2 (650) for draining shields and core. Seems to work pretty good but I dont know if there is any kind of "you shouldn't use X" kind of policy. Some are more ...retentive... than others. Also I use the exact same loadout on Wraith (except for the magma ofc) and seems kind of strange to have identical setup.
Well, look. Using individual weapons for individual tasks works on caps, maybe. In fighter fights you need to be able to have enough power to seriously damage the enemy once the shields are down. Using anti-hull and anti-shield guns in one loadout is a good idea for most ships, you just need to balance how much of each. For example the most common loadout would be 4 hull weapons and 2 debs. You just screw the debs once the enemy's shield is down, and go full retard on the hull.

Breaking your head about what weapon to use at what circumstances isn't recommendable in combat, so I wouldn't make it more complicated than necessary.

As for RP reasons, faction weapons and debs seem to work good. I'd use full magmas if I hadn't access to codes myself, so yeah...
We've never tried to regulate what ships or weapons people use outside the player faction. Nobody will look down on you for using a full rack of codenames. They may if you use an Eagle or something, but it's nothing official and they can't give you a hard time for flying what you want to fly.

Either way, house military factions don't have the power to enforce a certain kind of anything as far as independents of the same ID are concerned. So even if we wanted to, we couldn't.

The 10% powercore should take care of other wierd combinations (say if somebody were to get an LN IDd Chimera).
Pages: 1 2 3