Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: base capturing battles
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
so just finished coding / testing a base capture system with flhook. it works off a back-end database and a can allow real time capture of bases by a bases defenses and landing "troop" commodities in large burst amounts (all database changable). i was on of the 3 who made freeworlds 18.2 and i made the 1.672 fixed hitboxes as well. at this point im debating on wether i need to make my own server on freeworlds for or wether it can fit into the game play of another server.
It sounds like an interesting idea, does it effect server stability at all?

Try it on a private server with friends, get everything sorted out first.

Don't think it belongs on discovery, but Freeworlds might like it.
' Wrote:It sounds like an interesting idea, does it effect server stability at all?

Try it on a private server with friends, get everything sorted out first.

Don't think it belongs on discovery, but Freeworlds might like it.

thats the make my own server option lol. and yeah its stable, hence the tested part. on server stability it takes you 2 seconds longer or so to log-in while it applies your faction rep
hm, base capturing. - i wouldn t want to have such a feature applied to all bases, but to "unstable and dangerous" borderstations for sure. i like the part with the needed commodity. - it means an invading party has to bring their defenseless transports in, too.

a thrilling idea with lots of RP potential. - you should speak to igiss about what he thinks about it. - one could do a testrun with like 1 base in omicron-eta to look how it works out.
I think it would work bloody brilliantly in the future between Libertonian and Rheinland border stations and systems.
IMG - Outcast
Kusari - Bretonia
IMG- BMM

And so on..
It would add something nice to the game, something extra. But you have to be sure its 100% stable.
yea - i haven t understood it clearly yet...

does the base "switch affiliation"? or is it actually "replaced" by another base. - cause its about players that are docked at the base - and maybe even logged out. ( sort of the same problem one encounters when its about the feature to "disable" bases )

one more thing i thought about...

in order to make certain "not all" bases more dangerous - wouldn t it be nice to give them one or two gunboat missile turrets? - at least a base can justify unlimited ammo - and its better than putting battleship guns on them.
the base switches affiliation, well thats the short way to explain it.
Jinx makes a good point. If I dock on a base that is Bretonian then go to sleep overnight to wake and find that it now bleongs to the KNF, is that fair?
I like the idea but. I think battleships would start roaming alot more if this is applied.
Pages: 1 2 3