Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: So i'm trying to quit smoking.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
So have you got a tip for me? I'm on day 3 and i really feel like having a smoke right about now.
The only thing you can do is to eat.
Alot.
What are you replacing smoking with? Say, exercise, watching movies, playing games, art? My experiences have taught me that to quit one addiction (smoking) you've basically got to find another. So my tip would be - find something healthy you can start obsessing over.
How long have you been smoking? Have you ever tried to quit before?

I smoked for 20+ years, and was able to beat it a couple of years ago. I tried a bunch of different things but they all had weaknesses. Then I tried a combination of nicotine patch, chantrix, and lollipops, and walked out of it like nothing.

LOL Ursus.

I'm tryin to quit too and found out that weed helps a lot.
Pfft... Smokers... Quite it you all. Dont pollute others with nicotine. I hate smokers:P
' Wrote:Pfft... Smokers... Quite it you all. Dont pollute others with nicotine. I hate smokers:P

Don't hate people for smoking, friendly word of advice.
' Wrote:So have you got a tip for me? I'm on day 3 and i really feel like having a smoke right about now.

Try and keep away from associates while they are smoking. Keep yourself busy with healthy activities. Hang out with those who are going to encourage you to avoid cigarettes. Think about the consequences to your health if you go back to smoking.
Sometimes you just get over it without having changed much. Best advice would be to replace the addiction by another one though, preferably a less unhealthy and expensive one. I used to bite fingernails like a maniac until like 3 weeks ago. Now it's the first time I've actually managed to overcome the temptation for more than two days, and that since 8 years or such. Seems like a success this time. It's all a matter of self-control and willpower, rly.
[color=#FFFFFF]Light a cigarette to help you decide what to do
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5