Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Speech To Text
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
i'm curious if anyone has any experience with a speech to text program?

in theory i think it could help some of us slow typers AND allow us to RP while we are fighting.

whatcha think?
They do work, if you train them properly.
Still, I''d think they'd have the same problem as chat macros - namely, being forbidden by server rules.
Really? I don't quite understand what the problem with it would be. It seems like it would help quite a lot.
i d rather be concerned about the quality of the conversion. - like - you say "give me your money" and it translates it into "give me your mommy" or something silly like that.

or in your case - when your mad laughter ( MUAHHAHAHAHAHAHAhahahaHAHAHA!! ) becomes a : MUUUUHHHHHHHH in chat
' Wrote:Really? I don't quite understand what the problem with it would be. It seems like it would help quite a lot.

I don't really either, but there you are.... linky.
Anything else than fl ==> forbidden. I'd love for that to change, since I've been doing a lot of "XXX, STOP!" lately =\
' Wrote:i d rather be concerned about the quality of the conversion. - like - you say "give me your money" and it translates it into "give me your mommy" or something silly like that.

or in your case - when your mad laughter ( MUAHHAHAHAHAHAHAhahahaHAHAHA!! ) becomes a : MUUUUHHHHHHHH in chat

This made me burst out in laughter here at work...
Now I have to explain to my supervisor what was so damn funny about 'creating contact labels'.
"MUUUUHHHHHHH" Haha... damnit. I could just visualize Mon'Star's victims with their puzzled faces.
It's not forbidden to use StT.
What it is forbidden is to use other mods with our mod.
/signed/ galangal

Like HOW DO YOU COME UP WITH THIS STUFF!!! YOU HIGH??!!
' Wrote:i d rather be concerned about the quality of the conversion. - like - you say "give me your money" and it translates it into "give me your mommy" or something silly like that.

this made me laugh myself silly too Jinx.....frick'n hilarious.

now i imagine that the speech to text thing wouldn't completely take over your chat....but it would help out in certain situations. all these crazy names everyone has wouldn't translate well either. so certain things you'd still have to type.

as for the laughter i may be able to just say the letter it'd look more like this "H A H A H A" if i'm guessing correctly.

i'm not sure if this would be considered macros, it'd be another input for typing. i'm pretty sure typing isn't considered cheating.

most of the speech to text programs do take a little while to get used to your voice.

the biggest problem i see is when i'm playing Mon'Star and my wife and kids hear me describing how i'm going to skin someone and mount their flesh on my wall......

/ _
0.o
O

personally if they train it right i would not be worried about it i used it on my home computer all the time.. i have dysgraphia to typing can be a pain at times, and "Mwahhahahah" may come out wierd cause its not a word.. but other then that software such as "Dragon Naturally Speaking 9" works quite well. it even has a auto punctuation feature. now i didnt write this usuing it so dont judge this..:)

PS. if you have a good high quality mic your will end up with very few errors.
Pages: 1 2 3