Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Waiting for the 3rd shoe to drop
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Beastie Boys- In 3's

In my experience, everything follows a pattern...ultimately self fulfilling or not is irrelevant at the root...the patterns still remain constant in my multiple moons of noticing them.

This is really just a vent, but today, I was run off the road in traffic & very lucky I didn't end up killing some passerby on the sidewalk...within half an hour of returning home with the shakes over it, my mom calls me, letting me know she's being sued over my dead grandfather's BS reverse mortgage that she has nothing to do with beyond just simple blood relation. The only reason I wasn't served myself is because she's still living.

I'm not a paranoid personality in general, but I'd be lying if I claimed I wasn't concerned about the next hit in some form coming my way:unsure:

And they are big hits to... Good luck with the third one :)
' Wrote:Beastie Boys- In 3's

In my experience, everything follows a pattern...ultimately self fulfilling or not is irrelevant at the root...the patterns still remain constant in my multiple moons of noticing them.

This is really just a vent, but today, I was run off the road in traffic & very lucky I didn't end up killing some passerby on the sidewalk...within half an hour of returning home with the shakes over it, my mom calls me, letting me know she's being sued over my dead grandfather's BS reverse mortgage that she has nothing to do with beyond just simple blood relation. The only reason I wasn't served myself is because she's still living.

I'm not a paranoid personality in general, but I'd be lying if I claimed I wasn't concerned about the next hit in some form coming my way:unsure:

Hell, with that lot having just happened, I'd be worried about what was going to happen next too!

Also... reverse mortgage? What the heck is that?

Edit: Never mind, found a Wiki page telling what it is ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reverse_mortgage ), but apart from figuring out that it is basically getting a loan of money based on what your house is worth, I'm still confused on how your mother would be responsible for paying it back.....
It's been a head scratcher for the past 24hrs & I don't understand all the legalese in the 30+ pages she got served with. I can only guess that there was either something in the original fine print that allows the bank to do it, or they are just casting a wide net trying to prevent any possible claims by surviving family members on the property...I simply don't know. I used to go out with a woman a couple years ago that works for Wells Fargo, so I'm gonna call her tomorrow & see if I can bribe her with dinner and pick her brain for some educated answers.

Beyond that, my mother said flat-out yesterday that if the bank is trying to milk money from her for a property she couldn't care less about, then they can just suck the blood out of her turnip either before or after they go ::ahem:: themselves.:yes:

Permaban incoming.

EDIT: If you feel like it, you can scan and mail me a copy of whatever they served you. I might be able to make sense of it, since my office deals with a lot of civil cases. 'Course, I might be no help at all depending on how different Texas courts are from Indiana ones.
Might want to take a peek at number 5 on this list.
Sounds like that day when i got robbed from my wallet on my way to the park, at the park my gf broke up to me , walked back to where i parked my bicycle and found out it got stolen too.
all this happened in a period of 3 hours , true story.
' Wrote:Might want to take a peek at number 5 on this list.
#1 is #1.
Jammi, THAT IS JUST EFFIN' BEAUTIFUL!!:yahoo:

& Dab, thanks, that's uber cool of you to offer, but I'ma go the dinner route 1st & see what I can learn...but really, TYFM:cool::ylove:

All in all, as irritated as I am about this whole thing, The more I think about it, the less concerned I am. the bank can drink my & my families diarrhea & ask for seconds if they like...they ain't gonna intimidate anyone of us.

Indecently, to this day, I still have debt collectors calling and harassing me about many of my Fathers debts ever since he died in 2001 & all they have or will ever get from me is a finger shot & a hearty F-you:)
' Wrote:All in all, as irritated as I am about this whole thing, The more I think about it, the less concerned I am. the bank can drink my & my families diarrhea & ask for seconds if they like...they ain't gonna intimidate anyone of us.

Indecently, to this day, I still have debt collectors calling and harassing me about many of my Fathers debts ever since he died in 2001 & all they have or will ever get from me is a finger shot & a hearty F-you:)

Actually, that's pretty much the exact and correct attitude to have.

Here's how you really get them - especially the ones asking about your dad's debts. "Ah, I see, you're calling me about a debt. Can you please send to me, via certified mail so I get it, an exact copy of this debt, showing me where it shows the contract stating that I'm legally liable for this debt? Oh, you can't? Then under the FEDERAL Fair Credit Laws, I'm hereby requesting that you remove my name from your list. Failure to do so will result in legal action against you and your firm. Thank you for your time."
Pages: 1 2