Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: cloak prices
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
' Wrote:Not many die. As soon as [b]they near death they cloak and run away. That is the whole point of the cloak.[/b]

Valid for fighters only.

I was mainly talking about cruisers (30 seconds, + it falls off after 3-4 BS missile hits), and Battleship ones (60 secs. So far, not much cloak-capable battleships that we intended to kill managed to escape. I remember 2. Maybe 3. Out of 2 digit number.)

In a BS you have to start cloaking before you'll start dying. Way before. Sometimes, in a properly made ambush, even full b/b won't be enough for that.
start cloaking before fight starts:D
' Wrote:Hurp, you can't goto Conn with items in your cargo, (aside form unmounted weapons, armors, scanners, that stuff)
No ****, that's my point. And unmounted weaponry and equipment take cargo space but are not themselves cargo.
you thought he said they were actually surveying and stuff in conn

no. he ment they still have their cloaks mounted, dispite the chances of it falling off after death. Never said about -using- them.
' Wrote:you thought he said they were actually surveying and stuff in conn
No, I did not and I did not quite clearly. How could you even understand my statement to mean so, it's not at all cryptic or complicated. There is really no way one could take that statement to mean the opposite of what is clearly is.

' Wrote:ProTip: No H-Fuel/MOX/Oil/Promethane/H3/Deuterium in Conn = no Cloaking, Jumping, or Surveying in Conn

This is not at all a problem
"ProTip: No H-Fuel/MOX/Oil/Promethane/H3/Deuterium in Conn = no Cloaking, Jumping, or Surveying in Conn

This is not at all a problem"
You're implying there -was- a problem about people actually using their cloak in conn, when hes actually talking about them being mounted on the ship and the chances of losing it on death, and people not caring about it.

""and I see people go training in Conn. with all their expensive add-ons mounted without a care.""
This is what you quoted. What he is saying, that they are going to conn with their expensive stuff mounted.

And you started talking about no fuel usage in conn for surveying/whatever. No. He ment that their stuff would fall off and they wouldn't give a crap, also I'm not going to post anymore about this because its going off topic.

basically.
/lol your discussing about the wrong thing
' Wrote:people still selling it for 800M

Thats because people are still dumb enough to pay 800mil. As soon as customers stop paying huge prices they will drop down.
' Wrote:Thats because people are still dumb enough to pay 800mil. As soon as customers stop paying huge prices they will drop down.

I dont know if you've done some calculations but I can give you a simple example why its even not fair to get cloak for 800M.

1- Player base (building process)
2- Player base (building shield generator)
3- Player base (building cargo module)
4- Player base (building Cloaking Device Factory)
5- Delivery (Nomad brains)
6- Receiving (Nomad Power cell)
7- Player base (building Cloaking Device MK2 Advanced)

All these points must be done in order to build 1 x MK2 Advanced cloak.
-The prices of the goods from point 1-4 and 7 depends on your base position.
-The price of the nomad power cell depends on the forum, your friends or yourself (for free if you have luck).
Approximately all the prices are not so expensive but all building processes require the most expensive component: to spend a lot of Real Life Time. If you have a group of 2-3 people to help, you should know that whatever you sell will be divided to 20-30-40 or 50% depending on these people. Selling cloak for 800M means 400M for you and your friend (2 men) or 200M per char (4 men) - for 2 weeks work:)

So after this obvious info here is a very rough example of RL time spent to build a cloak:
~ 1 week to get the base ready (points 1, 2 and 3)
~ 1 more week to build (4) and get (5 and 6)
~ 1 day to build (7)

The RL time spent in order to build this cloak is approximately 2 weeks total. In that time if a powertrader does its job he could make ~5 bilions of credits. To give a mere 800M for a MK2 Adv. Cloak, when the CAU8 cost is 895, is only fair money invested in to something new.

Notice: The people that are selling cloaks for 400-700M on forum are probably a very large groups that can build equipments with super speed.

Real price for cloaks:
-Small: (considering 1-7) max 200M
-Medium: (considering 1-7 + balance/cargo requirment) max 400M
-Large: (considering 1-7 + the only working cloak) max 1B

Standart prices for cloaks:
-Small: 100M
-Medium: 250M
-Large: 700M

I hope this info is enough to build some oppinion about how those that build the newest equipment are bound to ask such enormous prices in order to proffit for their RL time spent.
' Wrote:1- Player base (building process)
2- Player base (building shield generator)
3- Player base (building cargo module)
4- Player base (building Cloaking Device Factory)
All of those costs should be amortized across all of the cloaks that are produced. You don't buid a new base/factory every cloak.
' Wrote:This is not at all a problem"
You're implying there -was- a problem about people actually using their cloak in conn, when hes actually talking about them being mounted on the ship and the chances of losing it on death, and people not caring about it.
Nope, I'm implying there was a perceived problem

' Wrote:""and I see people go training in Conn. with all their expensive add-ons mounted without a care.""
This is what you quoted. What he is saying, that they are going to conn with their expensive stuff mounted.
I know that

' Wrote:And you started talking about no fuel usage in conn for surveying/whatever.
NO I DID NOT. Please learn basic sentence structure before trying to argue like this. It's quite clear I was saying that because you cannot bring fuel to conn, you cannot use any expensive .86 mods therefor there is no problem.
Pages: 1 2 3