Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: In Game Macro
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I could kick myself for not documenting it but...

When I first began playing Freelancer and was still goofy with the keys, I quite often would--somewhere to the left of my character pad--hit a key combination that produced a "macro" text. I forget what it said--something generic and you could tell the programmers had put it in and never developed it.

It is in vanilla Freelancer. I had assumed it would be common knowledge and later when I searched I found no mention of it on TLR or anywhere else and sadly had forgotten what keys it was. I'm pretty sure it was a two-key combo.

Has anyone else ever found it? It's a built in function with a pre-scripted generic message.

If we could find where it is, we could figure how to edit it and at least have one generic message each.
Well, took a look through the userkeymap, hoping to see something like 'chat', 'text', or 'macro'. Nothing there, and I would of thought someone else would of discovered it by now. Sure it just wasn't an extra feature that came with your keyboard?