Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: A note for Molly players (Official [M]- and Indies)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

A message to the [M]- Mollys and Molly indies

I'€™ve been talking in Skype lately with several people who have given me some feedback in regards to the Mollys and their leadership. We'€™ve talked about me as the faction lead, about the faction itself, and about the indies. Some I'€™ve talked with have had adversarial, and sometimes downright hostile relations with me in game (and sometimes personally). It'€™s mostly the feedback from those persons that prompted this little missive. Your friends tend to support you always, even if you screw up. Those that may not like you so much '€“ they'€™ll tell you the honest truth about what they see.

We have a Kudos thread, but this is so much more than that to me. For the members of the [M]- Molly official faction I want to say thank you for making the Mollys my favorite group on the server. We'€™ve got a good combination of PvP-whore and RP-whore that have stuck with me through months of hard times as we tried to role play the armistice with Bretonia and then the NAP with Gallia. With the loss of the Molly mining field, loss of mining bonus, and the poor drops in general we'€™ve lost a lot of the former MMC. Some have turned to the smuggling aspect of the faction while others have become more RP-centric in their pracy. Still others have trained more in the PvP aspect. For those that stayed I thank you and I'€™m proud of all of the members of the official faction for continuing to make the Mollys a great faction to be in.

Yes we have some members that work the grey areas and we'€™re not perfect by any means as three sanctions since December have shown us. Even in that, however, some good has come from it in the better defining of some boundaries (in particular the December sanction regarding official faction tagged ships shooting transports clarified that the rule was for house military/police only). No, I'€™m not proud of having the faction tag receive sanctions. I have, however, tried to find the positive side of them after the mandatory Jeniraeg '„¢ is over with.

So, for all the members of the official faction I want to say thank you. (bow) For those in the HC channel, I thank you also for putting up with my strange ideas, my rages and for listening to my explanations of the '€œwhy'€ I do what I do. Marcus, as 2iC you'€™ve seen me at my best and my worst. Thanks for putting up with me and helping make the faction so enjoyable not just for me, but for so many.

I'€™ve another message for the Molly indies in the next post.

For the Molly indies:

I want to thank the indies for being a fantastic group to play with. So often on the server the term '€œindy'€ has such a negative connotation among the official factions. So often the term '€œindy'€ is synonymous with the term '€œlolwut'€. Unfortunately that'€™s too often the case in general, but I'€™ve rarely found that to be the case with the Molly indies. You'€™re a great group of individuals to encounter and play with.

On my trader side those of you I'€™ve encountered do well with the Molly RP and the pirate encounters have been good ones. On my official faction side it hasn'€™t mattered whether I'€™ve been on one of my known ships, one of my not so well known ships, or a faction shared ships '€“ I'€™ve hardly ever encountered a problem issue from you players.

During times when the official [M]- Mollys are present you generally let the officials take the lead. For those whom I'€™ve made myself known you'€™ve been patient as I answered your questions and given explanations as to why the official faction has done certain things.

There'€™s quite a number of you who have distinguished yourselves for your role play, pvp skills, willingness to help, or a combination of all of that. I can'€™t list everyone but I'€™d like to give some special kudos to Michael_the_3, Blodwyn O'€™Driscoll, and Sheamus O'€™Shaunessy. You lot are good examples of what a good indie can be. I thank you all for making Molly and Dublin role play a good experience.

For all the indies, we do have our own emergency channel on Skype. If you'€™d like to be added, contact me on Skype or via forum PM (or contact Marcus (Atlas) to be added. The emergency channel is open to all Mollys and allies.

For those indies who for whatever reason have avoided joining the official faction, I invite you to do so. Tagged or not, a Molly is a Molly and you'€™re all invited. Yes I can be a hormonal bitch at times, but truth is I'€™m not that bad. :)

- Jeni

where did this come from?

edit: its a cool read, Im just askin though
' Wrote:where did this come from?

edit: its a cool read, Im just askin though

It stems from a series of Skype conversations I've had with some people lately. To get compliments from them, including some who might perhaps not like me so much personally, is what prompted this thread. If there's reason for me to get complimented as the leader, there's more reason to pass on the credit to where it is truly due. It's the membership of the faction, and the fantastic indies we have working with us, that have made being the leader bearable. They are the ones that make being a Molly a good and fun thing. All I do is try to keep track of what's going on and do some forumlancing occasionally. I spend a lot of time skypelancing and Mollys have more diplomatic channels than I care to count to deal with various issues and portions of role play. Those that know me recognize that I'm in several factions, yet I still have managed more than 20 hours of in game time a month on Molly ships.

It's the people that I play with in the Molly faction and the fact that the majority of the indies are a pleasure to deal with rather than a pain in the butt that keeps me going. I felt that a personal thank you to all of them is long past due.

:shok:

Wait...what?

:huh:

Oh, not a leaving-thread...

:smile2:

As one of the newest Molly-additions I still have to say "thank you!"!
Yeah, you are a good leader for the Mollys. And of course the Mollys are a great bunch, what do you expect from a faction which is allowed (if not even required) to RP drunk 24/7?

So far it was a great experience I had with the Mollys and good fun was had!
Thought it is leaving thread o.0

Never had a Molly but I guess... good luck with it?
Mollys are cool, no doubts there.

From the glory days of the Dublin Gold Rush, to the corsair cap invasions, and the wacky world of politics with BAF, IMG and Gallia.

Someday I'll play my molly again for sure!
as an ex UoG Seagent <forget the proper tag but it was union of gold the at the time molly official player faction that fell apart for some reason>

im glad to see the mollys are still around <i remember pewing in a greyhound as a UOG:)>

i may move back into it again seeing as the mollys are thriveing?<notsure>

kudos reguardless to you jeni

Yep, the Mollys are doing okay. Some of the RP was stalled waiting on the six months from start of armistice talks with bretonia to finalization of the nap with Gallia, but everyone held strong through that and the loss of the mining ability (it's still there but miniscule).

As I said before, I just wanted to thank the players involved because I felt it was long overdue. It's them that make it a good group. They're the light, I just wear the sunglasses. :cool:
I love the molly's because piracy there can be as fun as you want it to be.

Afterall, its hilarious to act blind drunk, and pirate traders for just enough money to pay a bar tab, and their pants.

And plus...we have the best music in sirius:P