Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: No Printscreen
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Ummm.. I don't have a printscreen key. How am I supposed to take screenshots? :mellow:
What operating system and what keyboard do you have? I know for Macs/Mac Keyboard its Fn Shift F11
Windows 7 and some weird Toshiba laptop keyboard.
Search for everything with prt or sc on your keyboard
I found it. FN + End. Though.. it doesn't save anything into a folder. People keep on talking about screenshot folders for their FL. Do they seriously paste every screenshot into paint and save it into a folder? :wacko:
' Wrote:I found it. FN + End. Though.. it doesn't save anything into a folder. People keep on talking about screenshot folders for their FL. Do they seriously paste every screenshot into paint and save it into a folder? :wacko:

Check under your Pictures folder that comes standard as part of Microsoft. That's where my screenshots from game end up under "Freelancer Shots"
C:\Users\<Username>\Pictures\FreelancerShots

This is the directory for Windows 7.

' Wrote:I found it. FN + End. Though.. it doesn't save anything into a folder. People keep on talking about screenshot folders for their FL. Do they seriously paste every screenshot into paint and save it into a folder? :wacko:

No, it is automatically saved into the folder once the PrintScreen button is pressed. Unfortunately, it sounds like you have the general Windows PrintScreen command, not the FL-specific one which is bound to the PrintScreen key.

You can either:
1) Bind FL's screenshot command to a different key.
2) When booting up your computer, go into the BIOS and see if you can change the command/function key settings.
3) Download, install, and run Fraps. It is a dedicated screen-capturing program for images, video and audio, and integrates fine with Freelancer. It has a Screenshot function bound to a Function key.

Edit: The FreelancerShots folder is only generated the first time a screenshot is taken using FL's screenshot command.
Nope. No Freelancer Shots folder.:mellow:

EDIT: How do I rebind? I couldn't find the command to rebind ingame.
Use FRAPS
' Wrote:Use FRAPS
Pretty much this.
Pages: 1 2