Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Aliens have landed
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Scenario:

Aliens have landed. Their ships hang in the skies over our cities. They're not friendly

Problem:

They're so technologically advanced, they make us look like cavemen.

Situation:

What would you SAY to convince the Aliens that we are better allies than enemies?
Who'd care for caveman as either allies or enemies?
We have women, and the emotion known as LOVE!

xD

No seriously...I'd probably just be too scared to do anything.
Neither we, nor them would like to start a conflict.
First of all - it will be a diplomatic contact, searching a way to communicate.
Besides as a new kind for them we will posses a huge scientific interest.
I think if that will be a first ever contact, when two worlds meet each other, it will be made with great cautious from both sides. Later on it could lead to cooperation, maybe colonization of Sol with colonies of both kinds, expanding technologies, cultures, pushing knowledge limit and so on. Possible conflicts will be possible only after the long period of time.
If your less advanced than us, surrender or be destroyed.
If your more advanced than us, we surrender.
' Wrote:If your less advanced than us, surrender or be destroyed.

If they come to Earth first...be sure they are a lot more advanced than us
' Wrote:Who'd care for caveman as either allies or enemies?

that is what you have to convince them of.

' Wrote:Neither we, nor them would like to start a conflict.
First of all - it will be a diplomatic contact, searching a way to communicate.
Besides as a new kind for them we will posses a huge scientific interest.
I think if that will be a first ever contact, when two worlds meet each other, it will be made with great cautious from both sides. Later on it could lead to cooperation, maybe colonization of Sol with colonies of both kinds, expanding technologies, cultures, pushing knowledge limit and so on. Possible conflicts will be possible only after the long period of time.

in this scenario, the aliens are hostile, but have yet to start conflict. their ships are above the cities, ready to open fire. you must persuade them not to.

' Wrote:If your less advanced than us, surrender or be destroyed.

you would wave a white flag without even calling for parley?

' Wrote:If they come to Earth first...be sure they are a lot more advanced than us
they make us look like cavemen. their ships can only be reached by space-shuttle, and nothing we have can damage them enough to stop them from wiping out all of our cities in 20 minutes.
I'd tell them to come and play Discovery. It has a bit of an aged graphic, but they can roleplay blue aliens that exterminate people. And the best thing of it - they can do it again and again, it wont end in 20 minutes.
' Wrote:I'd tell them to come and play Discovery. It has a bit of an aged graphic, but they can roleplay blue aliens that exterminate people. And the best thing of it - they can do it again and again, it wont end in 20 minutes.

i lol'd. they politely decline your invitation, with a small degree of puzzlement, stating 'We do not play games, Earthling. It is not the act of violence we enjoy, we just want your resources'
My gran makes a great sunday roast!

Other than that... Hmm, reality TV show?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7