Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Faction as a property
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Daedric, if you are accusing someone of wrongdoings, you are supposed to back it up.
Since I had only three main accounts, during the period of around two years, I fail to see how your statement that I even hide behind them is true, considering that I never denied my identity while using this account. And the two accounts before were surely known.
If you are going to throw dirt in normal thread, then by all means stop it. This is no place for pointless finger pointing, accusations, insults, bashing, mocking and other crap.

The thread contains valid question and point for civil discussion and if you are not planning on discussing only the topic, get back to flood to derail threads.

The only thing I want to find in this thread is proper discussion.

As I have always told, if you have anything to say to me that does not belong in the thread, you can always use private message. So far people haven't use that. Probably bashing person publically is more practical.
Just look at yourselves, you blame me on picking on others, and you do the same. Doesn't that make you as bad as you assume that I am? How about be better than me and shut the hell up regarding unrelated crap?

Now then, back to the topic. Thank you.
Very entertaining. You claim not to want this discussed here, yet you discuss it yourself. To the extent that you completely ignore the majority of my post and focus on a very small part of it. I'd say, snak3, that you do want to discuss it.

Let's do. You tend to vanish (forum account) when you've made a complete arse of yourself. You then reappear later under a new account, attempting to hide your identity from the community. Your behaviour, however, eventually gives you away. You don't deny it, but you also do not confirm people's guesses when they make them.

I'm not bashing or throwing dirt at ya. I'm stating an observation made by many people in the community regarding your person. That directly relates to this thread as your motive for the creation of this thread was brought up.

The fact you ignored the majority of my post and did so in such a defensive manner reinforces those observations. Perhaps instead of claiming everyone else is horrid because they point out your bad behaviour, you should look to yourself. You are the common denomiator when it comes to those observations.

I don't personally have any issue with you. I am of the opinion you are merely here to troll and to grief other players because of some perceived wrong doing to you by other members of this community. I'm of the opinion that your whole 'I'm doing this for the community' crap is merely a guise for said greiving.

Am I a saint? Nope. Don't claim to be. You're free to get back on topic if you want, but I doubt you will. I've Prowler's opinion on the Omicroners and CR - I'm hoping I can get an admin response from an admin who was around during those to times.
Factions as properties, hmm, well.... Me and Widow and Kettle own DSE). Yes, we own it. It is our property, we worked bloody hard on a faction that's bloody boring. We turned it from a faction that had a poor player base, crap RP and nothing really going for it and transformed it into the behemoth it is today. I can easily say I could run it into the ground, but then I'd have Widow and our 3ic being rather upset about that. Infact, there was an incident a week or so before my month long holiday in December. I was pissed off with how something was dealt, let emotions and RL trauma get to me and I made some bad decisions. However, the stable one of us two, Widow, managed to save it through diplomacy and a swift kick up my behind. 90% of DSE) members are folks who come to play in our faction because me and Widow run the faction in a good manner. We cherish our members, include them in some of the decision discussions and share some of the wealth that goes with it. Very few people came to DSE) for it's vanilla role play, and the people who do join us these days are a majority of powerminers looking to make a buck under the protection of an official faction. As soon as they realize we don't spend our hours powermining, they die off and end up leaving. So those that are left are there because they enjoy playing with us, not because DSE is an exciting faction to be in.

Liberty Rogues on the other hand, has that excitement players want. And I like to think I own it, but the reality is that the LR- was here long before I was, and I am steering the faction in the direction it's always headed except with my own flair under her blouse. Spaz retorted the other day that I was ruining the LR- because I am not doing it the way he did. Sorry mate, but if I did it your way, or Ashes way, we'd be sitting on minimum requirements and with a crap hierarchy. We have a leadership council, veteran members who have been here a lot longer than I have, and I use their knowledge to help me make the right decisions. Sure, I made some controversial ones, but at the end of the day, doing it my way has the Rogues where they are today, and I've been in the crime bosses chair for a year now. And look, they're better than they have been since Dels time and I have a player base who agree.

The motto here is that each faction is a reflection of the person running it, regardless of how ever you wanna look at it. Take IC for example under snak3's rule. He doesn't have much support here, neither did IC for a long time thanks to his doing. Hell, it's only now someone with a good head on their shoulders that IC could actually be a possible contender again in Liberty's market. Good on you Charos.

So really, factions are owned by the people/persons running it. If they weren't, then we could absolve any responsibility for the factions wrong doing and blame it on the next guy. If my DSE) were being douches, Widow or I cop the flak. When LR- does something wrong, I cop the flak. Why should I cop it if I don't own it?
' Wrote:Why should I cop it if I don't own it?

Try and disband LR- on your own decision and see how far that goes. Tell you what, I'll even avoid putting a green post while the drama is happening. No really give it a go. I'll start a pool on how long it will take for someone to replace you and keep LR- running if you pull that one.
Where did I ever say that, prowler? Hmmm???

What in your right mind thinks that I would want to?

Get off it and stop being a crap stirrer.

As your pal snak3 would say: "Stay on topic or gtho"
' Wrote:Factions as properties, hmm, well.... Me and Widow and Kettle own DSE). Yes, we own it.

I dare you to kick out all of your members. Keep just you, Kettle, and Widow. See how quickly you lose your official status. It'll be pretty darn quick.

Factions are a group effort. No one person or small cliche owns them. Unless said cliche is 5 members strong. Then yea, you own it. Of course you can be challenged for the status if the admins ever put that out.
It would be nice to know the reason why my post was removed. It would go long way towards knowing what rule have I exactly broken.

Since some people are unable to follow forum rule 4 and get away with it, I would like to know the secrets of avoiding the all seeing eye of admin or mod.
Why do you all insist that's what I want to do, eh?

Me, Widow, Kettle, Saber and Kenzo run it. Maybe not Kettle.... she is just a founding member.

And when we first started, it was just four of us. Then it grew too five. Then too six....

So how about you all get off the band wagon in insinuating that I want to kick all my members out.

They do what we ask them to do, with out question. And we're still here, 12 months later.

So your argument other than you and that other fella trying to insinuate that this is what I want to do with my factions is invalid and you're sadly misguided.

EDIT: @ snak3; the 'f' in that abbreviation
No one is insisting. I'm merely point out that you don't own the faction. Without members, a faction is not a faction. Thus, no one person can own it. Nor can three. You'd have to be five strong to own it outright.

There is no bandwagon, just people telling you that despite your insistence that you own the factions you lead - the admins are stating you don't.

My argument isn't invalid nor misguided. Yours would be. Your word doesn't supersede that of an admin. Nor does it supersede that of the official faction rules. 1 person a faction does not make. 3 people a faction does not make. 5 people all working together a faction is made of and if they are all working together they all own it.
Actually I don't see any admin announcements, just player opinions.

But yeah other than that, they are just pointing out the obvious truth.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7