Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: LF loadouts for killing
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I have a couple of LFs that I use for interceptor duty, but they are just for holding the target down until a bigger ship can get on the scene. Once they are there I typically just use my class-8 debs and class-9 house guns to keep the target's shields down and their core drained. Sometimes I throw mines and CDs and try to do some damage that way but its purely support.

In a 1v1 fight with a 4-gun LF, my options are run away or die. I've tried just about all the combinations and cant find one that does enough damage. So I am here in search of the LF masters who fly them all the time, what works good for you?
I've heard Debs + Nukes works quite well.
Screamer mines and Minirazor for the win. You'll loose the CD slot with the mini razor unless you have a bitbull fighter. Use Debs to keep those shields down when they are low.
Debs w/ MR, or Mosq with Nukes. Mine spiking is a skill that takes a bit of time, but worth it.
MR + debs + mines. no other choice.
Personally i use those select LF with the "Bonuses" like the Scimitar or the Loki but then i found the Surveyor which has bot what i do it i put Debs on the turret and the class 8 and then what ever hull breachers you want then i usually use a Mosquito and a Nuke gives a nasty bite and i suggest Ramming in PVP its a underhanded trick but it works well sometimes
Ewww, nukes.

Personally, I use screamers + TCD. That's not really for fighting fighters though.

2 class 8 debs and 2 class 9 hullbusters do a fine job for ripping apart fighters.
Provided you can hit.

Just outturn like mad and shoot the VHF's slow ass while he tries to turn.

In my experience of being a fairly poor/ordinary LF pilot, the most success I've ever had was with the Surveyor.
Extra turret foreward, but more importantly can sustain an accidental self nuke if you keep your hull at 100% at all times. Having said that, always keep in mind the golden rule when using nukes in a light fighter; only deploy when your shield is up. Yes, Surveyor can mount a Mini razor, but I personally find CD's more usefull, especially with nukes.

As far as guns go, having an all debb setup will only fustrate you if your target is fleeing, so I recommend against it. I used 1 x class 9 deb, 1 x class 1 deb turret, 2x class 8 hulls, and a class 9 hull.

Edit: Forgot to add that the best nuke to use in a fight is someone elses;)
I use guns only.
I've tried full hullbusters, it works as well, but it is not that easy to keep the shield offline. So you may try 1 class 9 and 1 class 8 debs, and guns as well - one class 9 and one class 8.
Also you can try two class 9 debs, for keeping your enemy under pressure. Those are he you are using four-gunned vessel. For heavier ones you should take 2 class nine debs and rest are guns. Also, skills.
LF setup:

Main weapon: Agility
Secondary weapon: Guns
Tertiary weapons: Mines

Now that we have that straightened out, let's look at the "proper loadout".

2x Class 9 hullbusters
2x Class 8 Shieldbusters
1x Mosquito CD
1x Screamer mine

Ok here's the deal. We use Screamer mines cause a nuke will instantly vaporize your ship. Screamers are effective if you can play your cards right.

Now let's talk strategy.

First line of business, fly circles around your opponent.
Ever fought a Libby in anything larger than a HF? Hard to hit right? Annoying right? Losing your patience for that bugger right? Want to nuke him for an insta-kill right?
Use that annoyance to your advantage. Keep a finger on the CD trigger. The enemy might start spamming nukes out of frustration. Burn him with his own mines. Or at least, let him run out of mines. This removes your disadvantage of being knocked out by a single mine.
Sooner or later, the enemy's gonna get restless. That's when you perk up. Go on the full offensive and take advantage of his tardy movements.

Second, avoid staying too close to his arse.
Tempting as it may be, going full offensive and shoving plasma fire up his rear may not be a good idea. If you're too aggressive, a good player can take advantage of that, lure you into a trap and mine you while you're pounding his rear.

Third, shieldrun.
As cowardly as it is, it is a good tactic in an LF. Remeber, a single nuke will turn you to dust. Keep your shields up at all times. When your shield depletes, shieldrun and resume the attack when your shield is back online.

That's my two cents, from a self proclaimed LF whore. Yes, I fly LFs and only LFs.
Pages: 1 2