Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Updated ships...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
In one of older threads i showed you looks of updated IMG gunboat...

Here i will present updated versions of other ships. Corrections mostly are cosmetic (badly applied textures), but i will also update sur files on some ships and add wire frame to most of them.

After IMG GB, next is GMG miner...

Ship has new texture, lower poly count and added wire frame. Also, front part (bumper) is slightly changed...

Old version:

[Image: screen4ay3.th.jpg]

New version:

[Image: screen273ck2.th.jpg][Image: screen274dj4.th.jpg][Image: screen275lz3.th.jpg]

Next ship to be updated is Percheron...
Nice.

That's more than a subtle change, that's a strong improvement! I really like what you did with the side grills/nose.
Impressive work. That looks like a very nice ship.

Pleeeaaase do the Albatross. The texture on that thing is horrific.
' Wrote:Impressive work. That looks like a very nice ship.

Pleeeaaase do the Albatross. The texture on that thing is horrific.
entire model of Albatross is terrible...there are many misplaced surfaces, many errors...and texture is very bad....but considering time of its making that is understandable...
Albie will be fixed...
Quote:Next ship to be updated is Percheron...

Will this mean changing the textures used to a more.. Bretonnian skin, or just cosmetic fixes (like the rear of the ship) Some of the textures don't align properly, resulting in lines of transparency (you probably already know this).
Nicely done, Doom. Looks excellent.:)
' Wrote:Will this mean changing the textures used to a more.. Bretonnian skin, or just cosmetic fixes (like the rear of the ship) Some of the textures don't align properly, resulting in lines of transparency (you probably already know this).

Lines of transparency are caused by low settings of the game, surfaces that are not skinned in game appear as white...not as transparent....increase settings of the game, and it should be better...Textures will be better placed and not so stretched. Ship uses original bretonian textures, but i think it will resemble more to Clydesdale once that i finish re texturing...

Well, I play with graphics turned fully up. Maybe it's a video card issue.

I'll try and get screenshots and post 'em here.
maybe your graphic card forces a hardware mipmap or anisoptric filtering that causes it. - i guess FL isn t really compatible with up to date standards. - funny enough, FL can still run quite choppy, even with todays hardware. - my FPS go from 90+ in clear space to like 20 in nebulas - and i don t think the nebulas are really putting such a workload onto the graphic to justify such a reduction in fps.
[Image: PercheronLines.png]

There's the lines. At the tips of the red lines, along the edges of the faces.
Pages: 1 2 3 4