Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Adobe Photoshop won't work
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I can't open any photos with adobe ps.

I can't make a new canvas or w/e it is even. Tried the repair function. No go.

Any ideas?:unsure:
Is it a Legal or Not so legal version?
' Wrote:Is it a Legal or Not so legal version?

Yes, that might be it... though I haven't had any problems with my you-know-how-legal version yet.
Who buys stuff these days?

But honestly, it worked yesterday....
well, i don t think its about the legality of the product - i use a legal version of photoshop CS3 ( shared copy from the university that every student in the class is allowed to use - arts/design class ) - and it crashes regularly with either a CTD or a simply "does not respond anymore".

photoshop 7.0 works much more reliable - so if you have an earlier copy of photoshop you may just try that. - personally, i have given up on photoshop CS3 and i m back at 7.0. most of the features that CS3 offers is only used when you re a professional anyway - for casual use, 7.0 offers more than enough features.
CS2 here...

Ima try fresh install

My worrie is I just formated.
CS3 here, never had a problem. Maybe a corrupt "download"?
Try this. Under I believe Edit, there is a command named "purge all" click that, it will ask you if you are sure, just click yes. Photoshop will "lock up" for a few minutes, it may even shut off. After that, bring it back up if it closes or continue on as needed if it stays open.

What is does is purges all data that has been used in Photoshop for whatever reason, some of the data stays in there and causes havoc on the program. Give that a try and see if it works.

~Leo
I have this problem constantly, I simply just reboot my computer and alls good again.