Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: New as new can be
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello all. I stumbled upon this game and mod through a slow and rainy afternoon whilst on the internet. After a good 5 minutes on the single-player I saw there was online, and this being the most populated server I decided to check it out.

I know next to nothing of this game, barely anything when it comes to roleplaying, and apart from a two-day romp in EVE this would be my first space-faring game.

So, I hope to meet many of you in game as I fumble about in space!
Welcome, when the fumbling is too much just ask away:)
Welcome to Freelancer, and Disco on top of that.

I'd recommend that you play through the single player, maybe do a little reading of the Wiki and on the forums so you get a feel for the lore of Freelancer.

Other than that, read the Server Rules so you don't break them, and have fun!
I will wait for the day when you are going to change your display name from the 'clueless' to the 'enlightened'.

I do recommend going through the single player campaign too. It's worth the time. Also get a basic grasp of the rules and read over Freelancer's and the mod's vast and war-torn history on both wiki and forums when you happen to spend yet another slow and rainy afternoon on the internet.

Welcome and hit you in space.
Which /restart should I do? I can't seem to find a 'getting started' page anywhere.

Also, two of my friends showed interest in starting with me when I mentioned it as they've been meaning to try the game out as well, what could we do without getting into too much trouble? It says RP is required at all times so we're not allowed to keep to ourselves and play the game?
' Wrote:Which /restart should I do? I can't seem to find a 'getting started' page anywhere.

Also, two of my friends showed interest in starting with me when I mentioned it as they've been meaning to try the game out as well, what could we do without getting into too much trouble? It says RP is required at all times so we're not allowed to keep to ourselves and play the game?

It depends on where you want to start. As has been said, at least get a little background from playing single player or reading about the Houses (and their factions) before you dive too far in.
Again it is highly recommended to play the single player before going into multiplayer. If you don't want to do that this video might help a bit even though it's outdated now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SBtSR4u5P6w
' Wrote:Which /restart should I do? I can't seem to find a 'getting started' page anywhere.

It's a shame there's no quickstart "What do" guide - I looked for that myself when I started playing. Here's a bunch of possibly useful guides and here are the server rules.

You can of course keep to yourselves and say whatever you want in group chat. The advice that really clicked for me when I started here was - "we're just playing pretend, there is no server".

Anyhow. Welcome, good sir. I'm snoozzzer. Enjoy space <strike>and join the junkers</strike>
also, get skype most of the guys here use it for chit chating and keeping things a little bit more talkative, since the chat in freelancer is old and kind of lame.

I am sure there are plenty of guys willing to guide new players to find their place around.
Honestly, disco, might look a bit hostile to newcomers so, don't get disappointed by the first look, after you get on board you will see that this old game is quite nice.

If you find can't find someone to help you out understand the game, lore rules and find a place for you to start
give me a pm with your skype name, I will add you and do my best to help you out.

Welcome a board.
Played some singleplayer, did some missions. Either my aim is horrible or things take forever to kill. I did /restart liberty at the start since it seemed the most 'basic'. By my second mission I just quit mid-way since they weren't killing me but I had to kill 10 guys and they kept healing and I wanted to go cook dinner.

I'll give it another whirl after I eat.

Pages: 1 2