Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: To Cody
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I was looking foward to selling to it, and you seemed so keen. Can you not sell equipment from bases?
Cody has cash. Cash won't keep a base alive, you need people for that. Cody has a one-man business.
Actually, Cody's Codename base would be one of the few base concepts that could serve a real purpose.

But yeah: building it with less than 10 people, of which 4 are highly motivated crazy FL freaks... is not advisable. Maintaining a base is possible for only a hand full of players, if the base is cleverly located.
Well he could ask a Base owner to give him Docking rights and then let him sell his stuff there.

Or he could just store his Codes there.

Anyhow both options would mean that he would dimish his income since he would have to pay rent to the base owner.
He didn't build it because you can't have a "buy price" and a different "sell price" for one commodity on a base - only one set price, whether buying or selling.

This meant that his base could either have its prices set to what he pays his deliverers, or what he charges his customers, but not both at the same time - and this change has to be made manually. This is not very easy to accomplish for a one-man business.
You can't dock a base if it gets in trouble and all things considered, I think it's safe to say that there would be trouble at some point.
There are a weapon store station in Coronado already. But it severely lacking of money...
' Wrote:He didn't build it because you can't have a "buy price" and a different "sell price" for one commodity on a base - only one set price, whether buying or selling.
What cody failed to realize is that like all other bases on freelancer, this is only for commodities (trader stuff). Equipment buys for 0.3x the price it's set at. For example, I sell the old freelancer ID at my base for the normal price of 1m. If it was set to buy it (which it isn't - don't get any funny ideas) it would buy it at 300k.

So yes, a weapon base can and will work.
' Wrote:What cody failed to realize is that like all other bases on freelancer, this is only for commodities (trader stuff). Equipment buys for 0.3x the price it's set at. For example, I sell the old freelancer ID at my base for the normal price of 1m. If it was set to buy it (which it isn't - don't get any funny ideas) it would buy it at 300k.

So yes, a weapon base can and will work.
I honestly don't understand where you've pulled this from. A player base will buy and sell goods at the price they are set at.

The resale value on NPC bases are set via an .ini file, which so far as I know, player bases do not use. Their shops are managed through FLHook coding.
' Wrote:I honestly don't understand where you've pulled this from. A player base will buy and sell goods at the price they are set at.

The resale value on NPC bases are set via an .ini file, which so far as I know, player bases do not use. Their shops are managed through FLHook coding.
I am well aware of how stock freelancer works. Click here.

Though it seems this too is a bug. Not sure whether it's supposed to buy equipment at 0.3x, but I sure as hell home so. In any case, it shows this until you buy or sell one of the items, then it shows the correct price. It says it'll buy at 0.3x, but doesn't. Therefor nevermind my previous post.