Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Mission four SP
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I'm having a very hard time with mission four in the Discovery 4.84 mod in single payer mode. As soon as I undock from Mannhatten and Juni is talking to me, I am constantly getting shot at from the capital ships that are stationed at the trade lanes. By the time Juni is done talking and I could actually move. It's too late, my shields are gone, my armor is gone and I'm blown to pieces. How can I fix that and shop it from happening? I mean I don't even get a chance to move. Please help!!!!
Try it a few times.. be ready to hit shield/hull regen and go evasive as fast as you can.

I made it on like 4th try.

The trick is to immediately start dodging, then move away from the stationary Battleship unity.

Engage cruise engines then wait for walker.
I did it in second try, first try i was wondering what was happening with all those shots, all directed at me in the cutscene, as i didnt remember that happening in unmodded SP.

Hit thruster, and spam shield key, and you should be fine. And, if you want to stay alive.. dont halt in that mission, never.
Thrusters don't last that long, cruise is the best option.

After all, you can break pvp rules all ya like in Singleplayer!
Thruster + e-kill...

cruising around you won't learn how to dodge on disco server.
Now I don't mean to brag or anything, but on my first try I did it.

I saw how ships were shooting me in the cinematic, so I immediately figured something was wrong.
Well it's not about "I can dodge better so I survive" It's merely about luck in the first half a second.

The BS turrets have a refire of 2.0 and all fire independently, there are many other ships firing on you also. If you get hit by first shot and second before you can regen and move(even if you keep pressing the keys constantly) you die.
I don't know why it's never exactly the same.. since the cinematic takes same amount of time and ships start at same place.
Alternatively, you can of course simply scratch SP using Disco mod and play it vanilla, because I seriously doubt you'll ever complete it, especially since even mission 4 is insane:P
' Wrote:Alternatively, you can of course simply scratch SP using Disco mod and play it vanilla, because I seriously doubt you'll ever complete it, especially since even mission 4 is insane:P

Its actually doable, most of the time you can get it by just letting your invulnerable friend Juni to kill Rheinland battleships for you.

Its just very un-fun, and is the reason NY is a cesspool.
Pages: 1 2