Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Is this supposed to happen?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
So in order to get into the LNS, i need to get an LN ID. To get an LN ID, i need to do missions for the Liberty Navy. However, whenever i try to attempt one of these missions, even on the lowest difficulty, they are unreasonably difficult. I try and destroy an enemy ship, but as soon as i am about to kill them, their health instantly restores, along with it's shields. Should this happen? If this is part of the game, it really needs to be changed. Difficulty 1 missions should not be this hard, and this coupled with the insane agility and speed of some of the ships results in a very frustrating experience.
The reputation system IS cumbersome, and doing missions to get your rep up is also somewhat difficult now.

Instead follow this guide to the letter and save yourself a headache or two:)

http://discoverygc.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=79182

EDIT: I forgot you can't bribe your way to a Navy rep. Instead you can follow the guide for Liberty Police reputation, then do a /droprep, take LPI missions only and drop them repeatedly until your rep is negative, then double bribe again. Doing this for a while will leave your derived Navy rep all green.
Yeah the NPCs will instaheal several times until they decide not to do it anymore. They also evade like magic, turning right when you fire. If you are going to do combat missions, get a good ship, and do them during off-hours when player count is low, since the NPCs act even more odd when the server load is high.

Easiest way to rep is to do missions that only ask you to destroy a base, with option to kill the NPCs. Then you just fly out, shoot the base, and fly back. The missions that ask you to kill everybody take the longest, since you have to deal with N buggy ships.
Ask some navy gunboats there!
Do assassinate missions that makes your work sometimes faster.
Get all your equipment beforehand, it makes the mission grinding a lot easier. But yeah, I agree that the NPC strength/agility/recovery has been raised too much within the latest updates. I don't mind NPCs being challenging on higher levels, especially the low level missions though should be easily accomplishable.

Also, the I noticed that NPCs mostly spawn when there's below 130 players on the server, which is quite often nowaydays given the gradually decreasing popularity lately.

Another thing: Accept only missions close to your starting location and those asking you to kill a base while it must be mandatory to kill the pilots. It's usually a matter of a few seconds after having arrived at the waypoint then. A few shots at the base or the weapon platform; sploding; finished; fly back; rinse and repeat.
Where were you running missions, what ship were you in, what ship was the NPC in, and what level was the NPC? (Level is the the number in the corner of the targeting window.)
' Wrote:Where were you running missions, what ship were you in, what ship was the NPC in, and what level was the NPC? (Level is the the number in the corner of the targeting window.)

Pennsylvania
Patriot
Outcast Fighter
Unknown.
One thing I found that made missions way easier was doing them in a transport with many guns. Then zooming out a bunch as it makes them easy to just obliterate. Not sure if you're in a position to do that, but otherwise the destroy base ones are the ones to go with.
They are just using those few nanobots/batteries they have, nothing else.
However them rebooting shields in 1-2 seconds on gunboats and cruisers as well as snubs is horrible.
In most games, players can regenerate their health by using various potions, medical kits, etc... In Freelancer, the nanobots are made for repairing the hull, and the shield batteries are made for regenerating the shield. In most games, only players can regenerate. In Freelancer, however, the NPCs also carry some repairs. They usually have 18 nanobots and 18 batteries, except if they can't fit them (for example, a Starflyer can fit only 10 nanos and 10 bats). They will usually use them until they run out of them, except if you can kill them in one shot. When a target is killed (when those nice bright 'n loud explosions start), it cannot regenerate. It will certainly die. I've seen many players using the regens too late - don't save them. They are made to be used.

Hope it helped ya! Have fun! :D
Pages: 1 2