Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Cap guns
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
inRP, what type of weapon are they (plasma, laser, etc)?

I'm assuming Cerbs are plasma?
I've always seen Cerbs as more of a particle weapon (think: disruptor weapons from Star Trek) while the regular weapons were just bottled energy.
I don't do Star Trek.
Cerberus guns, on cruisers and GB appear to be Tachyon guns, plasma for battleships.... but capital guns in general seem to vary a lot between turrets and houses, Liberty for instance appears to use mostly laser and plasma/particle... Rheinland using tachyon and plasma...

I would love to see the weapon types explained on the guns, because the looks of the things vary so differently from house guns, for instance on of the guns for the liberty dread almost looks like a neutron gun with the rings it has around the projectile.

Also I did not think that disruptor in star trek were particle guns, but I may be wrong, no idea really.
' Wrote:...
Also I did not think that disruptor in star trek were particle guns, but I may be wrong, no idea really.

I am fairly certain that Star Trek Disruptors are indeed energy weapons.

On topic; I assume House Cap Guns are the same type as the weapon the House is best at building. Therefore, Liberty's BS Prims are probably Plasma turrets. Might be worth asking Dab, he's got same fairly detailed weapons RP going on with Detroit Munitions.

Generic Primary turrets are most likely laser-based.

' Wrote:I've always seen Cerbs as more of a particle weapon (think: disruptor weapons from Star Trek) while the regular weapons were just bottled energy.

Cerbs are probably Plasma turrets; depends on if you define plasma as a particle or not.
' Wrote:....

Generic Primary turrets are most likely laser-based.
Cerbs are probably Plasma turrets; depends on if you define plasma as a particle or not.
I guess you COULD argue that a plasma weapon is a particle weapon... Plasma is superheated gas that melts stuff. A particle weapon is designed to use ultra-high energy particles to disrupt the atomic structure of its target.
In my mind ive seen the Liberty BS guns as a very large Laser Cannon along the lines of a Vengie gun, cept on steriods.
' Wrote:Plasma is superheated gas that melts stuff

Plasma is ionized gas. It would probably have a similar effect as radiation as well heating up the target. However, gases don't transfer heat that well (one of the reasons you can take food out of the oven without bursting into flames), so I'm not too sure about that (unless the plasma was REALLY hot).
' Wrote:inRP, what type of weapon are they (plasma, laser, etc)?

I'm assuming Cerbs are plasma?
Find the weapon in FLSTAT, and get its ammo name.

Find the ammo in DATA\EQUIPMENT\weapon_equip.ini, and look at the sound and projectile type

Cap cerbs are Photon

its not always what the game files say...

eg a Tachyon gun and in the files it would say laser (whut)

you can mix it up.

Cap Cerbs would be Plasma I think
Pages: 1 2