Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Smuggler
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I am attending to buy Pirate Train , is it ok for smugling ?

1. What ID i Should use ?
2. What ship is best for smuggling?
3. What armor HAU or AU ?
4. What wep?
5. Starting routes ?
Freighters are best for smuggling

Get a Camara, or an Anki - set it up with any weapons you want.
Bumppppppppp
1) Up to you, a dedicated smuggler should go for either a respective faction (such as the Junkers) or a Freelancer ID
2) Freighters are lovely, currently flyin' one. But if you want to do long hauls and know the shady routes, you can get away with the medium transports such as the Pirate Transport or something like a Firefly. I love the Firefly, personally. I have seen a few larger transports, like the Pirate train, but I think them suicidal.
3) I'd recommend AU for Freighters and some cheap HAU for a Transport. On my freighter, I don't have any armor. My mentality is that if I am caught, it's already to late (which I have found to be the case even with armor) unless you are able to use speed. Something heavier like a P-transport benefits more from the multiplicative bonus of the armor.
4) Anything you like if you're a Freelancer, you shouldn't be using them. If you fly with faction colors, go with that weaponry, show some patriotism.
5) Hang around Junker bases, Outcasts, Corsairs, etc. Just ask, and I'm sure someone will show you a few. I'd be willing to let you tag along if I ever met you in space.

Good luck! Smuggling is the way to go!

[Edit] For the love of Christ, don't bump a 15 minute old thread! [/edit]
Be an Indy, get a cruiser. Apparently that's the way to be.
1) Freelancer ID or some faction-specific Pirate ID or Junker ID
2) BW Transport is a popular option for large cargo volumes (3600). But smaller ships, such as freighters, can be more fun. It depends on how much money you want to make. If you're on a Pirate ID that doesn't restrict cargo capacity but allows transports, you can pretty much use whatever transport you want. Junker ID can use the Pilgrim (Slave) Liner, which is a cool ship.
3) AU 8 unless you have a large transport ship and want maximum coverage, in which case you can shell out for a CAU 8 (but I've only ever known 2 smugglers to do this, and one of them was me). AU 8 is what most of us use for a good protection-to-cargo ratio.
4) Transport Turrets MK2 are popular, but different turrets serve different purposes. For example, some prefer guns that are more effective against snubs, others prefer guns that are capable of fending off gunboats. Others prefer having several of two or more types.
5) Typical routes are Slaves to Malta and Cardamine to New York. You can also run blood diamonds from Rheinland, or Artifacts from Crete. There are others.
join a lawful corp official faction and then smuggle
' Wrote:Be an Indy, get a cruiser. Apparently that's the way to be.

Get mad, baddie.

[Image: spire2.png]
Double threads... invis'd one, moved the responses from that one here so it is all in one spot.
How about a Junker with a salvager and GB turrets? No CD but if you're a smuggler you wont need it that much, Unlawfuls should go a little easier on a Junker, and if you find a teamate, you can still pirate out of house space in yr spare time. Just beware Kusari.
Pages: 1 2 3