Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: How do the capital engines work IRP wise
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
this is more just a curiosity thing how do the cap ship engines work?

i see the Lib Dread engines working on a Ion based engine. To push the ions forward there are two rings of magnets (angled) both of which are repelling each other and something like a ion particle gets sent through the magnetic repulsion field creating thrust via the laws of physics. It also it explains the engine effect given off.

So if that's how the dread engines work how would the rest. or are they based on the same principle?
Gallia uses combustion engines burning oil, somehow. [Image: heidy.gif]
Magic.
as all do - newton's 3rd law of motion.

http://www.zmescience.com/wp-content/uploa...-5-nobrain1.jpg
Go play the game...
id see it as some form of ion engine or fusion drive or a hybrid of the two

as for oil for space ships all i gotta say is tsk tsk tsk
Fusion reactor provides energy to make the ions and maintain the magnetic field that repels the ions.

Edit: I wouldn't use the engine effect to determine how the ship works, seeing as we have vapour trails in space.
Quantum intake manifolds convert the tachyon particles present in space into photons, which are excited by a supermagnetic coil in the heart of the engine. These excited photons are forced from the photon exhaust thruster at an extreme pressure, and ignite as they are released back into space and revert to tachyon particles.

You'll actually notice that if you fly a capital ship directly behind one of the same class (IE; two Bretonian Battleships), the rear vessel will be slightly (generally only 1 or 2 m/s) slower, due to the fact that the quantum intake manifolds are sucking in some half-excited photons.

In the first few centuries after this drive was invented by Ageira from Valhalla technology, there was a huge issue with these half-excited photons igniting within the intake manifold, which caused critical damage over time. However, in the sixth century A.S. Ageira was able to develop a filter that could ensure these photons did not enter the intake manifolds and thus would not ignite inside and cause damage.

The filtering technology was later recycled by Planetform and Cryer to create the Xenobiotic Filters.

:rtfm:
They work because its science fiction. Go shoot stuff.
Loken this information is nessecary to continue my Roleplay existence in the Freelancer Universe.:nono:
Pages: 1 2