Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Help on small Freighters?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm new to the server and up until now was using the Dromeda that i bought on Bethlehem Station in Pennsylvania, i have now switched to the Armoured Transport from California Minor but didn't realise that i couldn't dock on planets in it!! DAMN!

Could someone please advise me on a good smaller freighter that I can use (under 3600 cargo as i'm on the FL ID) that will fit through a planetary docking ring?

Any help is much appreciated,

Cheers

Fenrir_93 (Tom)
To dock large ships on planets, use the Mooring Ring instead of the Docking Ring
If you use the mooring fixture adjacent to the docking ring, you can land (well, technically not "land" but that's another story) with basically any ship, regardless of size.
Look for the small bar above the rings that says "Mooring Fixture".
Along the same lines, if you have trouble getting out of stations with a larger ship type" /stuck" and it will move you slightly to allow you to leave.
undocking from some bases will require you to press a strafe key as well
Boy do i feel stupid guys, hehe, thank you very much for all the help:)Cya in space!
Welcome and good luck! Also, it's wonderful to see so many people come to your aid!:)