Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Some numbers...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I'm trying to make a little simulator for Freelancer. Meant for Battleships, but in theory can work for cruisers, gunboats and fighters too.

Just a few questions before I start..

Do all Battleships have the same powerplant? Do they all have the same capacity and recharge rate? What is the recharge rate?
How long does it take for a shield to come back online?
And how much of the shield returns when it comes back online?
How fast do shields recharge?

I was doing calculations on finding good battleship loadouts, and thought a program like this would be nice and easy to make in Java.

I'm thinking of something simple like, you stick in how much hull your enemy has, how many bots and bats, and you enter in how many of each turret you have, and you get a simple number, how long it takes you to take your enemy down.

It would feature little things like, if shields are still up, fire infernos, if shield is down, shoot mortars etc.
All taking energy into account.

I'd appreciate any help on this matter:)
My question is, how is this going to factor in the hitbox? It's a great idea, mate, but without that the results will be a lot less reliable.
Go for it anyway. If nothing else, its a start in the right direction.
Actually the number you would get would mean nothing if the one you are fighting is better pilot.

Lets say that number would mean that every Corsair dreadnought can kill BHG BS. And i, who have one
BHG BS, have never been defeated in 1 on 1 in it, i can even take on 2 Cors Dreads at the time if
circumstances are right. But the number you would get would mean that it is impossible for me to win.
That may be true (doubtful, BHG battleship is almost rigged) but it would still offer some sort of comparison; who actually has the better ships. It could help a lot with capital ship balancing, methinks.
That could be useful but the piloting skills need to be taken into consideration as well.
Like I said this is concentrating on the loadout, disregarding ship type/pilot skills etc.

According to the results of this program, any bigger ship will always win against a smaller ship, due to more hull, more guns etc.

Consider it like 2 battleships are 1k from each other, no moving, and just firing their guns at each other.

It's just something fun I'm doing, since I started java programming at school.

I repeat, this is meant for the best LOADOUT calculation, damage/energy drain etc.
And hopefully show some insight whether infernos really help or not (since there's always debate amongst Corsairs whether we should use em or not.)
I think they are trying to tell you that you can't take into account 'skill' and some other numbers.
Like agility.

Osiris would probably loose in every simulation in that simulator.
That doesn't mean it's a worse ship, it just means it has less guns - nothing more.

So, I think that ships with big guns will always win in those simulations.
Well you should call it properly....

damage dealt calculator

as all it does is calculates damage. It's not a "simulator" in any sense of the word.

But yes it can be usefull, download FLstat and you find all the info there.
I don't know why there's still confusion as to what this program is for
Quote:I'm thinking of something simple like, you stick in how much hull your enemy has, how many bots and bats, and you enter in how many of each turret you have, and you get a simple number, how long it takes you to take your enemy down.

Disregarding ship agility/pilot skill, eliminating all dodging, I want to see things like, is a Mortar better than a Heavy Mortar? Is it such a great loss to remove infernos etc.
JUST taking the gun's damage, refire and energy into account, no dodging etc.

OK, so it's a damage dealt simulator:P
Pages: 1 2