Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: The GMG and Blood Dragons
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
From what I read in the forums the GMG and the Blood Dragon are "allies" or simply neutral "under the table" so to speak.

However, if for example a Blood Dragon decides to pirate in a system or area where the GMG has a ZoI, such as the Sigma-13.

What must one do as a GMG? Attack, ask the Blood Dragon pilot to leave or simply be quiet?
That's a good question... if I was a GMG in that situation, I would just ignore him unless he pirated Kishiro or GMG people- that's crossing the line of friendship there, and shouldn't happen anyway.
The GMG are just miners, I doubt that they have a problem with the Blood Dragons and vice versa.
Unless the Blood Dragon did something as Sovereign suggested, they would remain neutral...

Or if the BD seems to be a bit... Suspicious you could ask him to leave...
' Wrote:That's a good question... if I was a GMG in that situation, I would just ignore him unless he pirated Kishiro or GMG people- that's crossing the line of friendship there, and shouldn't happen anyway.

Ok. But... isn't GMG supposed to atleast protect "their" space, to atleast ensure the traders passing by their area are safe. Thoose that are either the generic type: "trader ID with no tag" or a trader that is affiliated with a corporation that is an ally to the GMG such as the Kishiro.
Hmm... you bring up a good point, since the top half of Sigma 13 and the entirety of Sigma 19 are sovereign GMG space, they might get some government based complaints if they don't police...

Methinks that if the Blood Dragons make a show of things, they would get asked to leave, or at least be quieter. If traders complain to the GMG, I can see them making a public broadcast in system chat asking the Blood Dragons to leave the area. They would try to avoid blows if at all possible, but if absolutely necessary, they would be sure to tractor the pilots and return them.

Its still a touchy situation, which means we can do really fun RP around it! Go GMG, go!
' Wrote:Hmm... you bring up a good point, since the top half of Sigma 13 and the entirety of Sigma 19 are sovereign GMG space, they might get some government based complaints if they don't police...

Methinks that if the Blood Dragons make a show of things, they would get asked to leave, or at least be quieter. If traders complain to the GMG, I can see them making a public broadcast in system chat asking the Blood Dragons to leave the area. They would try to avoid blows if at all possible, but if absolutely necessary, they would be sure to tractor the pilots and return them.

Its still a touchy situation, which means we can do really fun RP around it! Go GMG, go!

I agree with your opinion. A GMG pilot should "publicly" show that they are not allies with pirates. Thats exactly why they are "under the table" allies in the first place. They will risk getting investigated or atleast looked suspicious from other lawful factions if they decide to ignore such incident where a Blood Dragon is involved.

However it's still very dodgy, perhaps an private message to the Blood Dragon explaining the GMG situation?
Or possibly do a "fake combat" against eachother just to show that the GMG officialy are against pirates. And eventually the Blood Dragon will fake an act saying in system chat that hes badly damaged, and needs to retreat. I don't know can somebody enlighten us?
http://discoverygc.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=22348
You should find all the awnsers there.
' Wrote:http://discoverygc.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=22348
You should find all the awnsers there.

I read that very thread Exile. It was from there I got the knowledge about the GMG and Blood Dragons having a secret bond. Now I decided to read the whole thread again just to check. But i'm sorry, I can't still find any answer on how to act as a GMG if Blood Dragons are pirating in our area.

So far, I know that the GMG should attack the Blood Dragons if they decide to pirate GMG themselfs or their respective allies. (Or tell them to leave, if they don't comply then engage).

I also know that the GMG should try officialy act like they were hostile to eachother.

Maybe I'm just a little slow :mellow: , but please I need a detailed answer. Because my question is a very specific one and a question for a "certain situation".