Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Beginning the Journey
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello all,

I am a 27 year old male born on the Planet Manhattan in Liberty Space. My parents were traders with Interspace Commerce, but were shot down by Liberty Navy forces in a tragic misunderstanding when I was 15. Since then, I learned to fly, bought myself a ship, and hit the trade lanes. Unlike my parents, I enjoy smuggling goods from system to system when I get the chance.

Silekar

Update: Ran trade routes for Ageia technologies until they betrayed me. Now working to escape from them and the bounty hunters they have sent after me.

Username removed

Welcome.
welcome to the disco; nice start you have made there.

suggestions - buy a firefly. much smaller than the BWT and docks easier with the tradelanes. guns are a bit underpowered though - they're there more for show than for combat.

- avoid jumpgates and tradelanes if you're carrying unlawful cargo, it makes life easier

- don't ALWAYS smuggle. mix it up with lawful trading, so law enforcers get used to seeing you with regular cargoes too. this way, when they see you they wont think you = smuggler, but will think you ~ smuggler. eventually, after letting yourself get seen a few times with normal cargo they will think you ~ trader.

- have fun, read the rules, don't re-engage and keep the language to PG
Welcome to Discovery!!
Hope you have fun, make sure you read up on the rules!
Look forward to seeing you in space!
:)