Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Eye on Samura.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: EOS.png]

The largest corporation in human history, Samura Omotai Zaibatsu is a vast multi layered entity that controls not only most markets in Kusari, but populations as well.
Currently estimated to dominate 70% of the Kusari market with the rest shared between Kishiro Technologies, the Hogosha syndicates and foreign companies.
Samura has an impact on all areas of daily life in Kusari and has spent the last eight hundred years cementing it's place as the primary force of the Kusari nation.

When most people think of Samura, they think of one large corporation that seems to do everything.
Samura is in fact made up of the amalgamation of over 150 corporations, from all areas of Kusari.
Everything from table cutlery, medical instruments and sleep wear, all the way to weapon systems, terraforming products and space vessels of all sizes are designed, created and distributed by Samura Heavy Industries.

There is no wonder why the Samura slogan "We are Kusari" holds as much truth today as it did when it was first used four hundred and fifty years ago.
Led by the famous Board of Directors, there is no space Kusari lays claim to that Samura does not either conduct business or own an outpost in.

Good evening I am Tekeada Hironsho and tonight we will be shining the spotlight on Samura to see just what is happening there and how they got to be the company they are today.
Reporter Yukio Korishima earlier had an interview with the Daihyo of Samura, we cross now to that story.

Konnichiwa Daihyo Okada-sama, it is a pleasure to meet you.

Oh the pleasure is all mine Yukio-sun, Please call me Kazuya.
I must admit am a bit of a fan of your work and always enjoy watching your stories on the commnet.

Thankyou so much Kazuya-sama, shall we get started?

I see no better time.

First off, I hear rumors, may I ask how old you are?

*A sly smile crosses Kazuya's lips.*
Of course, I am seventy eight years old.

Wow that's amazing!, I wouldn't of thought you looked older than thirty five, how do you do it.

Ha ha ha, I live a good life, eat good food and look after my self, it's quite easy really.

But it does seem quite drastic seeing as you are now nearly eighty years old but you look no older than forty, come on, you must have a secret you are not telling us.

Well since you ask I will tell you, I am very much into natural products.
Every time you process something, you take away more goodness so that the product can be shipped easier or stays longer.
I just make sure everything I eat is fresh, that and I stay away from any toxic substance that I can.
A healthy mind and body really does lead to a healthy life.

Ok well it seems to be doing good for you, so on to the next subject, how did you get to where you are today?

Well I was lucky enough to be taken on board by a great company, Samura is everything you can ask for from an employer.
They have taken care of not only me, but my entire family as well.

When I was young, I lacked direction, there was no future in what I was trying to achieve.
Samura gave me that direction, they made sure my talents were used for the betterment of Kusari instead of just my own greed.
That was the luckiest time of my life.
For the first time I knew I was truly helping my nation, not only was I having fun, but I was doing the right thing.

So for many years I worked hard to get to where I am.
Every time I devised a new system to help people, I was rewarded further with a new promotion, Samura likes to reward it's employees whenever possible.
Eventually they saw fit to offer me position on the Board of Directors.
Finally I was able to bring all my true talents to work, a relationship that has served Kusari, Samura and myself quite nicely.
I was the director of Security first but once the position for Human Relations opened up, I slipped strait in and haven't looked back since.

What about the rumors Kazuya-sama, what about the unfortunate events that befell not only your rivals but what about Mr. Tanika-san, the previous director of Security?

Well what happened to Tanika-san was most unfortunate.
Unfortunatly there are a lot of people in Kusari who do not want what is best for Kusari.
They wish to either try and claim power for themselves or have a desire to watch it all burn.
That is what happened to poor Tanika-san, found with a Blood Dragon knife in his chest in his office, obviously a deal that turned bad for Tanika-san.
Unfortunately we still are not aware at how they escaped the facility, but we have learned not to underestimate the Dragons over the years.
This is just one more death they have added to the good people of Kusari.

And your rivals for the position?

There were two others applying for the same job that day.
By some unlucky coincidence, they both happened to be taking the same MagLev line.
Although it is a sad thing, if it wasn't for that accident that day, I might not be where I am today, isn't it strange how fate plays out sometimes.

So here you are, the now current CEO of Samura, do you have any regrets?

Hmm a very good question, yes Yukio-sun I do.
My biggest regret is that Samura has not done more for the the people of Kusari.
While it is true that Samura has been and always will be, the biggest supporter of the people, I am always asking myself what more can we do.
With the recent turbulent times in Kusari lately with the political situation the way it is, the people of Kusari seem to have lost that most basic of qualities, optimism for the future.
The streets are full of people that no longer look up with amazement at what we have done, the things we have achieved.

Now is not the time to be lost in our own pity, now is the time to step up and do what needs to be done to bring about a greater future for us all.
Samura have been taking a good hard look at ourselves recently, and although throughout history we have always been slow to accept change, the current situation has given us the wake up call we have needed.
Our whole corporation is undergoing restructuring and every detail is being looked at so we may see how we can improve to better serve the people of Kusari.
Salaries have been risen across the board, workers conditions have been improved and new incentives have been introduced to gather Kusari's best and brightest young minds strait out of our wonderful education systems.

Some of our finer qualities never change however, Samura will continue to be known as a corporation that does not lay off our workers and offers anyone with the willingness, a place to contribute to Kusari.
But now we have better ways to do this and I am excited to be here in this time of great innovation and change.
If the people will indulge us, we are going to change the world.

Daihyo Okada-sama, thank you for your time.

Thank you Yukio-sun, I have enjoyed our little chat.
Kanko looked up from under the desk, this was the third coffee spill he had cleaned today.
He shook his head as he wrung out the cloth in the soapy solution.
"What is wrong with these people?, if my five year old son was this dirty at home, I would kick his bum."

For seven years he had been a janitor on levels three through twelve of Shinjuku Station.
He didn't like to complain, Samura had offered him a job when no one else would.
Growing up in the slums of New Tokyo left him with no real skills to support his family.
With this job he had money, a place to spend his time in nice surroundings and somewhat decent respect from his fellow work mates.

Of course the nice surroundings right now consisted of a call center office that had been the location of a birthday party for one of it's occupants.
"Why would they let these people eat cake in the office, there was a dinning lounge not twenty meters away and it is not like these people have any respect for the office or the poor schmuck who has to clean it."

Another desk and another mess, this time he had found a pair of underwear.
They obviously belonged to the young lady who resided at the desk.
A quick glance of an embroided name tag confirmed his suspicion.
Normally it would be a case of throwing them in the bin and moving forward, but this time he felt more like a trip to lost and found was in order, that and a little joke with his mates at lunch time.

His alarm went off signalling time for his thirty minute break, off to the V.I.P lounge where he would meet up with three others and watch some of the game in style, there were some perks in his life and he had learned to make full use of the security card given to him to complete his duties.
If they wanted it clean, he had to have access.

As he entered the lounge Toriyama threw a bottle of sake at him, "Hey Kanko, hurry up man, third quarter is about to start."
Together they leaned back on the recliners with their saki and nibbles and turned the volume up on the holovid.
(ooRP: Read to this playing in the background for full experience. ありがとうございます!)

>>> System Broadcast Initializing <<<
>>> Establishing Neural Net Link <<<
>>> Comm Link Established <<<
>>> Replaying Last Entry <<<

マルチメディアファイルの初期化..
THIS WEEK ON 'EYE ON SAMURA'!
[Image: Junko_Bar.png]
SAMURA REAFFIRMS COMMITMENT TO KUSARI GROWTH, PROSPERITY!

[Image: jang-ye-won-gif-3.gif]
Tonight's featurette has been brought to you by Samura's very own "Asaho"! Taste the premiere spirit of Kusari with every drop. Samura's "Asaho" is made of 100% organically grown rice, carefully grown by Kusari farmers on Planet Kyushu, home also to Kusari's famous Kyushu Rice! Available at all Samura outlets near you! Taste the Kusari Spirit with the only spirit worth drinking - Asaho. Now only at 500 credits a bottle! And now for tonight's feature of EYE ON SAMURA, here is one our very own, the lovely Junko Konta!
GOVERNMENT WARNING:
(1) According to the Surgeon General, women should not drink alcoholic beverages during pregnancy because of the risk of birth defects. (2) Consumption of alcoholic beverages impairs your ability to fly a starship or operate machinery, and may cause health problems.

Good evening, I'm Junko Konta!

From posting double-digit growth figures to stories of heroic transport crews now beginning to fight back against the wave of piracy sweeping Sirius, it seems as though nothing can stop Samura Heavy Industries from once again regaining its former title as Kusari's premiere keiretsu, although not with major competitor Kishiro following close behind!

In the recent weeks, Samura has been a common word coming up both in the corporate world of Kusari's wealthiest and most prominent and across the interstellar mercantile world of traders, merchants, travelers and astro-navigators. With official auditing agencies putting the number of newly acquired Samura vessels this year alone at over 20, spanning mining vessels, Akegata armored transports, the civilian-class Stork, and even the graceful and iconic Ryuujin and a few gunboats, many are speculating that this suggests that Samura will be the major shipping power in Kusari space to come. Rumors that Samura's doubling-up on its commercial activities are a direct response to a recent communique from the Kusari government 'endorsing' the Gas Mining Guild, are also abound! Misaki Station, a Samura installation in the Rishiri System, has also reported heavier Samura traffic in and out of Gallia, where every day thousands of tons of ore are shipped into Gallic space, and reportedly at a very profitable margin. Outside Kusari space, Samura has reaffirmed its ties with the Rheinland-based Kruger Minerals, from whom Samura's senior management has negotiated for docking rights for its transports across their mining bases - opening up a whole new ore market for Kusari's reviving economy.

Samura Heavy Industries has also reaffirmed its friendly relations with the Hogosha, the Quasi-Legal business group that has been a running partner for quite some time, citing that 'both are dedicated to the welfare and prosperity of the Kusari people'. We also caught up with Yerin Park, 3rd-generation Samura employee and captain to one of the company's busiest ships, the Akari~maru for her thoughts on where Samura is today:

Samura Heavy Industries is now reportedly investing in more training for its employees, stating that the ability to communicate and interact smoothly in a business environment cannot be overstated.

Join us next time here on Eye On Samura. I'm your host, Junko Konta, signing off! こんばんは!
[Image: qz7DdPp.png]