Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Account banned.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I used Autohotkey to create a script for the /pimpship command. Ban followed. Stupid me.

This is the exact script I used, although I did run it a few times before I got it right:

#IfWinActive, Freelancer

*Numpad0::
SetKeyDelay, 15
{
send {ENTER}/setitem 01 120{ENTER}
send {ENTER}/setitem 02 120{ENTER}
send {ENTER}/setitem 03 120{ENTER}
send {ENTER}/setitem 04 120{ENTER}
send {ENTER}/setitem 05 120{ENTER}
send {ENTER}/setitem 06 120{ENTER}
send {ENTER}/setitem 07 120{ENTER}
send {ENTER}/setitem 08 120{ENTER}
send {ENTER}/setitem 09 120{ENTER}
send {ENTER}/setitem 10 120{ENTER}
send {ENTER}/setitem 11 120{ENTER}
send {ENTER}/setitem 12 120{ENTER}
send {ENTER}/setitem 13 120{ENTER}
send {ENTER}/setitem 14 120{ENTER}
send {ENTER}/setitem 15 120{ENTER}
send {ENTER}/setitem 16 120{ENTER}
send {ENTER}/setitem 17 120{ENTER}
send {ENTER}/setitem 18 120{ENTER}
send {ENTER}/setitem 19 120{ENTER}
send {ENTER}/setitem 20 120{ENTER}
send {ENTER}/setitem 21 11{ENTER}
}
return

The account that got banned contains the following characters:
Hekate|85th
Pink.Floyd
Woman's.Habit

E: I do wonder though if this program applies to rule 2.1, since it does change normal gameplay to a point.
Bumping.
Macro use isn't allowed. Server auto-banned you after detecting it more than likely.
Are you implying that I am not going to be unbanned for this?
The rules don't specify anything about macro usage. It doesn't give me any clear advantage it's just a way to be lazy.
And apparently stupid if I might add. I actually wasted more time doing the macro than what it would've taken doing it by myself.
I'm sure an admin will look into it and if it really was just your macro, you'll get unbanned. If they find other stuff that caused it, that would be a different story.
Since this thread already broke loose the discussion on macros I'll just post this here:

My mouse has a tiltable mousewheel. Unfortunately, most games, including Freelancer, lack the support for such a thing.
But to bypass such problems, my mouse has rudimentary macro-software. Would it be "legal" to, like, map mousewheel-tilt left to emulate the key 5 (as in default for "fire weapon 5") and mousewheel-tilt right to emulate the key 6 (as in default for "fire weapon 6")?
Bumping again. Impatience is one of my virtues.
Can I at least get some kind of a reply from the admins?
Anghor: it is allowed to map your mouse to keyboard keys or something of the sort. What is NOT allowed is to map a key to create multiple, concurrent keystrokes. That's the kind of macro that is banned as it delivers unfair advantages if used in a particular way, so basically cheating.

n1kodemus: the admins will be with you soon...
Whether you are patient or not, the problem doesn't care and will take as much time as it takes. It appears you did it with your Hekate character and it corrupted it at each and every light. I removed them all and even when trying to add them back it acted like there was lights still there. I did it in the form of swapping epuipment as though there were phantom pieces. Try it now. If it works. Don't use Macros..... as your little string didn't take into account a step or two involving how much of this homemade software talks with the not so homemade game that was modded.
Pages: 1 2