Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: hello everyone
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
greetings

I have been a longtime freelancer fan since 2003/2004?

yesterday I felt like playing freelancer again thought about playing multiplayer on a whim and noticed servers were nonexistant so I went online and saw the patch to fix it. but then I saw there were some interesting mods out there and decided to take a look. a couple caught my eye.

but then I looked closer at discovery. I was intriged by all the work and detail put into it and saw this server a RP server and thought...

oh cool.

I have a great deal of experience in roleplaying both in rpgs or text-based rp's. but combining freelancer one of the most intriging games I have come across and role-play is a pretty neat idea. I've read a great deal of what's been done already and it's very interesting the Gallia arc as well as the nomad concept expansion.

---------------------------

character

Assumed Name(use name): Arianna Troy
Alignment: Chaotic good
birthplace: System: Colorado, Planet: Denver, City: Highland
personality: optimistic/stubborn
learning style: kinetic
groups/organizations she likes: Lane Hackers, Independent miners guild, Zoners, House military, House Police
groups/organizations she dislikes: Bounty hunters Guild, The Sirius Coalition Revolutionary, any chaotic evil group, Xenos
groups that she is neutral to by default: Junkers
temperature preferance: Cold

physical appearence: pale slightly pink skin with freckles on shoulder, short black hair, Kusari ancestry(grandmother on mothers side)
sibling(1): michael Weston age 30

background: she left home due to her parents attempts to thrust their political views onto her. years before her brother left for the same reasons and told her he wanted to map out the universe. her last contact was a message that reached her shortly before she left with a date almost 2 years before.

"I'm going off into the omicrons someone needs to chart these nameless worlds
these forgotten places I have convinced a couple of outcasts to help add
to my charts. they did not want to at first; I don't quite blame them.

they told me that if I do see nomads to power down and sit still. my traveling with
outcasts might deter them from attacking but any foray into their territory
would probably be considered hostile action.

I hope to see you soon sis. Michael signing out"

shortly after that she bought a fake id from a lane hacker and a ship and headed out to find him.

other details: she would sooner talk her way out of trouble then fight. However if fired upon she will attack and if anyone she considers a friend is attacked by a terrorist organization(namely Xenos) she will provide cover.
Well, now that's a pretty good presentation. Welcome aboard, first of all. Let's hope that disco fits you!

It's a very good point, having your character already developed. However, I'd suggest you "transforming" it via RP ingame. This means, letting her develop along her experiences in space.

Enjoy your time here.
Welcome to Disco!

Seems you have a good idea of how to RP (chaotic evil in Freelancer:D), so as long as you obey the Rules and can defend yourself to some degree you'll get on fine. There are plenty of factions or opportunities for independent players - you can make up more characters for these sort of roles.

Have fun, see you in space.

Username removed

Welcome !
thanks everyone

and yes she will get more well rounded as I play her

as it is she's getting pretty frustrated at all the xenos and is even more frustrated with lack of hull so she'scurrently trying to build up enough cash for a better ship hopefully with a better hull

also I have a question: ship is still completely default shields , weapons, everything but a weird error message keeps coming up that some of the equipment is incompatable and so power production is at 10% of what it should be. any ideas Arianna is kind of getting fed up with the fact she can't use cruise engines
Welcome to the <strike>nutfarm</strike> server.

I saw you in space earlier, it is my mistake and misfortune that I slid by without a word.
As a certified RP > PvP snob, I look greatly forward to our next passing.
I will certainly hail you.

EDIT: to answer your question, the game 'nerfs' your powerplant based on your ship/ID/weapon choices.
They need to all match, i.e;
Freelancer ID, Civilian ship, Civilian guns = 100% powerplant.
Freelancer ID, Corporate ship, Navy weapons, = bad mojo

any variance from 'parity' starts chipping away at your engine output.
' Wrote:learning style: kinetic

Do yo mean tactile?

tac·tile/ˈtaktl/
Adjective:

Of or connected with the sense of touch.
Perceptible by touch or apparently so; tangible: "an almost tactile memory".

Kinetic as a learning style does not make any sense, and hypothetically saying as something sciency or supernatural would probably not fit what your talking about.
Welcome to Disco! It is a great pleasure to see that you already love to rp. I hope your stay with us will be a long one.

As to the xenos.. chuckles, I am sure we will have a few encounters.

Tanker

AKA XA-DeathAdder
commander
xeno alliance
Welcome, see you in space - safe flying out there
sup