Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Gunboat weapons - Easy question
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm a new player and I just got my hands on a gunboat (the liberty one).
My question is: I've bought the gunboat turrets, that are class 5, but the wiki tells me that I can mount class 8 battleship turrets. Is it true?

Also, those turrets are sold only in "entrance restricted" systems, like Alaska or Virginia, what kind of RP I need to go in there?
On the turrets: My guess is that GB turrets once were class 8, but were changed to class 5 some time ago and it just didn't get changed in the Wiki pages (on some it was)

On restricted zones: I'm not sure, but with Liberty Navy ID / IFF you should be allowed to enter the ones restricted by the Liberty authorities. But better ask someone ingame about that.
The wiki's outdated in a lot of ways, so I'd trust what you see ingame over what you see there most of the time. Gunboat turrets are class 5 now, and battleship turrets are classes 8, 9 and 10.

As long as you have the proper identification, you'll have access to those restricted zones. If you don't…well, that won't stop you from going there, but be prepared to accept the consequences if you do! The Navy probably wouldn't like a random freelancer in Alaska, after all, and they do warn people that they'll shoot anyone they find trying to breach Zone 21 and Zone 42.

Good luck with your RP, and welcome! If you have any questions, you can ask me or anyone else in the [LN] faction, since we're the official Liberty Navy faction on the server.
' Wrote:The wiki's outdated in a lot of ways, so I'd trust what you see ingame over what you see there most of the time. Gunboat turrets are class 5 now, and battleship turrets are classes 8, 9 and 10.

Just to elaborate on this, what Scout means to say is that in earlier mod versions, gunboats used class 8 guns. The classes were changed around however to allow the turresplit on battleships and cruisers, amongst other things.
Last I checked the main peeps who update the wiki weren't going to do so because of the updates that kept coming out.

Now that the latest update will be the last (big) one, they will probably start the task of updating such things. Good luck to them!
Thank you for the answers, I'd modify the link on the wiki myself but I don't have the rights to edit pages
' Wrote:Thank you for the answers, I'd modify the link on the wiki myself but I don't have the rights to edit pages

Nor do most people that Joined: 5-July 12, just sayin :)
' Wrote:Nor do most people that Joined: 5-July 12, just sayin :)

I know it, I wasn't complaining about that, it's a good thing that newbies like me can't mess with the wiki ^^