Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: HpMount points on larger ships?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I just wondered why the HpMount for ships like the prison liner is so far forward its actually ahead of the bow. The reason I ask is as the undocking position is based upon HpMount and the mooring fixture and the position of HpMount makes the rest of the ship sit so much further back when undocking, it means I now can't leave the planet I'm on without dying.

Any help as to how I can fix this would be really appreciated.
Makes it easier to dock without ramming the station. Undocking is less important.
Even if it gives the greatest likelihood of killing people undocking? Come on.
Would you rather it be difficult docking or undocking from stations? And most planets are fixed for caps and large transports.
I'd rather have it easier for undocking as the undocking sequence is not within user control whilst how you position yourself before docking is. This and the docking sequence starts with you away from the planets kill sphere whilst, as it is, the undocking sequence spawns you in it in a larger ship making undocking more important. Plus it's not like there's a huge problem w.r.t. the location variables. Either recalibrate HpMount on longer ships so, when being spawned for the undocking sequence, they aren't within the kill sphere of the planet or move the mooring point reference so, likewise, there's no spawny death. Come to think of it I used to either take the little (un)docking sequence out of events or calibrate it so that, for a ship to successfully dock, they had to perpendicular to the mooring/docking ring/bar/banana (Ahh . . . docking banana. I laughed so hard I fell off of my chair whenever I see you on the Solars.) as it fixed a lot of issues mooring larger ships and, I thought, looked cooler too.

Anyway who's the one (or ones) to speak to w.r.t. bug fixing so I could just maybe send a small note saying "this is a small problem - this/that/the other might fix it but please, as and when time and other things allow, could you look please into it? Thanks in advance."
Instead of moving the HpMount, I believe there were plans to have undocking from planets be the reverse of docking (for mooring points). That way, you would "reverse" back from the planet instead of going forward and away from it.

Also, use the /stuck command while undocking if you can't undock.

Aeternus Doleo was handling this sort of thing, I think, before he took a hiatus from Discovery of indeterminate length.

Bear in mind that the Barge has never been able to safely undock from a Planet, and if you have landed a Barge on a planet... you will need to beg the Admins for mercy.
It's not a barge, nothing to worry about there, I just know from my previous modding that for the entry/exit sequences it's HpMount and the mooring/docking point references are used to calculate and move the ship during them. (Obviously this is only vanilla I know about and don't attest to understand discovery's internal arrangements as they may be radically different.) All I'm trying to do is find out who (or how as I get different places have different protocol for error management) the bug can be reported to so, once someone with the power to change things gets a chance to look at it, all the happy people can take off with their liners and whatnot without the constant worry that they're spawning into the planet's killsphere every time they try to take off.

I mean I wouldn't even mind digging out me old research, copy and diddle with the relevant files and even offer up the fix. I just don't fancy bothering anyone unnecessarily until I know who I should really talk to.