Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: 6 ProtoType Ships
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi All
Heres some pics of some ships i'm working on, the models are in 3ds form...
Their not skinned or hardpointed yet or any cockpits etc..
thought i'd share some views with the forum..
these models are around 10,000 poly's each, probably need alittle more clean-up reduction...
could be used for fighters or bombers....

UPDATE! MAY 8
sawwie if your just lookin at this post i had to delete the pics they where way to big i may post some in the future when i'm done with them

peace...
They look great and all, but they kinda feel like they have the 'Star-Trek' feeling, instead of the Freelancer feeling. And the Freelancer one is the one you need.

EDIT: By the way, best to either resize or link those images of yours, they're stretching the page.
Dang... Really good work, I say. Yeah, they'd needa be cleaned up and some may argue its not "FL-ish" but you have my support. Nice job.
Needs skins before I judge.
I bet proper skins would eliminate the need for a lot of those polygons, replicating the same effect with a much simpler model.

That said, top-notch work. I can't say whether or not it'd fit in FL (needs skins first), but they're certainly very good models.
The third one looks like it could be a super heavy fighter. A couple of them (judging from size, anyway) look like perhaps gunships or gunboats. When they get some skins, I'll make further opinions.

And they do look like a new radical design, which is something I'm liking.
This much for certain, they are really pretty. Try giving them Borderworlds skin then see what you can do about the polycount. Not sure where they'd go, maybe replace the Homeworld ships?
One tip on game modelling and design: Less polys, better textures.

Almost all the ships in freelancer have a very, very low poly count - because rather than express ship detail (like ducts, vents, ridges, etc.) through raised or altered surfaces on the model, which causes rendering lag/complications and can make the game run slower than is usually desirable - high detail textures are used to show these surface inconsistencies.
the designs are nice,,,but I feel Like Dustin(Dboy), appart from one or two, it feels like ST

I can hardly see the what kind of ship line they could fit in

the third one down would make for an interesting hogosha fighter.
Pages: 1 2