Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Harder than expected
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello.

Ever since me an Dad met E.Trent ( the REAL one, not one of the many imposters ) in the "Rogue'S Blood" Bar on Manhattan - Dad took me there for a few drinks on my 16th Birthday - I was hoping I would someday be able to live a life similar to his. Subordinate to noone, driven only by my desire to explore the Universe, life through many adventures and - if luck would be with me - become rich on the path.

So during my last year at highschool and all through College, I trained a lot in the simluated Universes they have in the Training Centers for prospective recruits of Navy and Police ( //stand alone singleplayer play). I found it fairly easy to get along, living through the many fights I got in there as well as accumulating quite some wealth and being able to buy a good ship within a few days everytime I started a new Career. So I thought I would be ready.

Well, I graduated from College a few days ago, and my parents faithfully gave me the papers to the savingsplan they established when I was born, hoping it would one day pay for my University degree. It paid out the same day!

I bet you guess what I did. I went to the Shipyard, bought a Starflea, said goodbye to everyone, and off I went.

Now, the REAL Deal is MUCH harder than expected. REAL Rogues, Xenos and LaneHackers Pilots (//enhanced AI) are not the skeetshooting Targets they used to be during simulated Training. The Pilots I capture are considerd contraband. Ill be damned though if I ever hand em over to police, they just pay too well...

The massive paperwork that even being the lowest level aspiring Freelancer involves, the lack in knowledge about the diferent factions, the hugeness the actual Univers seems to posess, the enormous amounts of additional equipment available...it felt overwhelming at first.

But of course, I am determined to go on. Fascintaion and Excitement have me in their grip, and I dont expect them to let me loose anytime soon.

I am looking forward to meet many of you in space, possibly occasionally work with a few of you, and most of all: get to know most - if not all - the existing Universe can show me.

Save travels always.

Cage
Nice first post!

See you out there.....

:)
// agreed. thats a really nice first introduction post there, Cage.

hope to see you ingame in the near future (hopefully, i should be outta dis plastah, and can play again x.x)

oh and,

WELCOME TEH DISCOHVEREH!!!:lol::crazy:

a few pieces of advice. if you are female, act like a male. we got too many horny teens runnin round here *looks round to see any trace of dem teens*

read the rules (duh), have fun, engage in coversations with the rest, AND HAIL TEH HYPNOTOAD! though, mah kittehs are uber, they dont ask you to worship them,. they already know you worship them secretly:P

also, ill beat xing to it. BEWARE TEH COMMUNIST PENGUINS!!! and da ZnO squadz.

edIT: added the //, since yer first post be an Arpee wun:P
~~YoUr MiNd Is AbOuT tO bE aSsAuLtEd By SuBlImInAl MeSsAgEs~~

Join the BLS.

Join the LPI.

They are awesome.

Read my stories.

They are more than awesome.

All of this is in my sig.

Click every link.

And we'll be best friends.
LOL... THAT aint subliminal, zach. thats direct, full frontal advertisement in view by everyone on teh forumz, foo!!:lol:

but yus, i haz to agree. teh LPI rock alot, and hiz storehs be good too:P

oh, and just in case you havent noticed, zapp has this thing called recruit-anyone-who-is-new-on-the-forums syndrome. if yer new, he will try to recruit you:lol:
The best advice anyone could give you, is to ignore Zap, other recruiters, and the communist penguins. Then klick the links in my sig instead and join the KSP.
// please to meet you. If you ever see some one by the name of Swift (although soon to be changed to FallStar, Just waiting on those divine beings knowns as ADMIN). Well any way give us a toot.

Oh and a friendly piece of advise NPC act like all pilots are contraband. But in fact legal are the only contraband....

Welcome to Disco...
I don't recruit everyone... if they're obvious blind retards that have no sense of RP, I don't recruit 'em. Like certain people I know...
pppfft

Dont listen to these lawful propagandists....

Join the Corsairs... we have money, power, yarrghh!!!! piraty factions and badass independents.....

and we drink more, unrestrained by the need to "protect and serve"

;)
' Wrote:(Snippet) Join the LPI.
' Wrote:(Snippet) unrestrained by the need to "protect and serve"

Wait...what? LPI and the phrase "protect and serve" in the same conversation?
How did that happen...

Anyway, welcome to Discovery, and yes...your first post is...intimidating.
Good job.
Pages: 1 2