Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Been a couple years
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Once upon a time, I had hundreds of hours clocked on here. Then college and lack of stable internet went and sucked me in and I sort of just vanished. :mellow:

Got a degree to show for that now, and, for the foreseeable future, free time and a stable internet connection to boot. So I'm back. Good to see there are still some people around that I recognise.

What's new with 4.86? I've seen such things as jump drives, player-owned bases, cloaking devices and so on. Is solo-trading still the way to go to bankroll your other characters? Are snubcraft still the way to go for combat (I have rather fond memories of =CR= and ]NTF[)? Anything else worth knowing?
Welcome back!

Independent trading can be a good way to get started, or trading factions can be a fun way to do it too.
Player bases can be useful, and the new one next to Planet Sprague has sparked many battles and server crashes for the last few days.
There are still plenty of snub battles, but there are also plenty of fleet engagements around.
=CR= aren't around, but CR| have replaced them as a calmer version. NTF aren't around as a faction, but their flagship jumped in to a battle in Leeds a few days ago, stretching the wings I guess.
Hi.
=CR= was disbanded a couple of months ago because me and Panzer decided we'd get on with our lives. Jansen, along with a couple of oldies might still be around here, but me, Panzer, Pavel, and pretty much most of the guys you flew with left.

I'm only around to post in a couple of threads that interest me and have things pointed out to me by Igor.

Other than that, I remember you. If you're going to fly some =CR= ships, you're in for some treats ^^
' Wrote:NTF aren't around as a faction, but their flagship jumped in to a battle in Leeds a few days ago, stretching the wings I guess.
Reading this cracked me up.

(for those unfamiliar with FreeSpace, the Belisarius comes from this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FNS0IPi7e94&t=4m17s )

Rommie: yeah, read that, and can understand the reasoning - still sorry to see the faction go, even so, never mind the players. That was an awesome group. Are the =CR= ships open to everyone with the faction gone?

And reading around - it's good to see OSI- still going strong, even with a different crop of players. Any of the older crew from there still about?
Yup yup.

Username removed

Welcome back !
I think I vaguely recall you as one of the random players I probably saw while browsing the server list looking for Zelot.

Sometimes, everything old is new again.

Also the NTF merged with the Consortium, so you should join.
welcome back. gratz on the degree.

' Wrote:
I'm only around to post in a couple of threads that interest me and have things pointed out to me by Igor.
you're just too big of a wimp to admit that you wanna play again.
Welcome back!
Dont buy Battleships for old prices cause they have been nerfed so far everyone sells and noone buys.

-Downgrade update-
Infact as you come in again, i leave this after my own 1 week comeback permanently because i found they did not only nerf the Battleships.
Battleships - man, the heaviest ship I ever tried out was a siege cruiser, and I dumped that after just a couple months and maybe ten hours of flight time.

Just thinking now. Ships I had...

Two Nyxes, two Eagles, two Sabres (one was a LH ID'd ship - callsign "Magpie" - and the other was an Outcast; I wanted to see what all the fuss about krakens was for), a Combat Service Freighter (hi, Magoo, Reisiger), a DSE SHF, a single transport, and probably a scattering of other fighters depending on what caught my fancy. Two gunboats, briefly, but they weren't my thing. I think I bought a Roc, once. And sold it again shortly after.
Pages: 1 2