Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Pirate ID
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Ok now According to the tech chart the Freelancer ID gets a 90% core with Zoner/GMG/and i Believe IMG tech my question is this.

IF the Freelancers get 90% core to 3 faction techs why shouldn't Independent Pirates? or is this another " ID Balance" thing? I mean its Not easy/fun to use a bomber on 75% core >_>.

Yeah well thanks in advance

Vulk~

EDIT: My thoughts on Faction tech would but OC 'Sairs and Rogue or something maybe Junker *shrugs*
I was going to make the same topic, but my lazyness won on this one:D

And yes why can we have aleast Rogue tech? It sounds good, but because of balance and their OP guns and stuff only ships should get 90%. Junkers dont have that good weps so their pew sticks can be at 90%, since probably no one will use them.
About OCs and Sair stuff... well it is complicated but why not? Mabye Brigands too because they are the Gallia Rogues.
But mainly Rogue and Brigand ships look the most piratish and will be nice to know that independent pirates wont fly only civilian and BW shiplines.
' Wrote:EDIT: My thoughts on Faction tech would but OC 'Sairs and Rogue or something maybe Junker *shrugs*

I doubt a 90% on Sair/OC/Rouge mixed tech (Imagine Sammael or Kraken Titans, please) will ever happen.

You still have access to some fine bombers and fighters with a Generic Pirate ID and personally the 75% on a Sabre with Hellflurrys don't bother me much.
' Wrote:You still have access to some fine bombers and fighters with a Generic Pirate ID

Like I said, 90% for ships and 75% for guns. It is mainly because of the Gunboats and Bombers.
I agree with OP. Needs to be balance of some sort no?

And Tachyon, if you mix those three you'll be nerfed down quite a bit anyways...

I think giving Pirate ID's 3 90% nerfs to unlawful core factions would be fine. Probably pirates that aren't affiliated to any house. OCs, Corsairs and... maybe Junkers?

idk, but it would be nice.
' Wrote:I agree with OP. Needs to be balance of some sort no?

And Tachyon, if you mix those three you'll be nerfed down quite a bit anyways...

I think giving Pirate ID's 3 90% nerfs to unlawful core factions would be fine. Probably pirates that aren't affiliated to any house. OCs, Corsairs and... maybe Junkers?

idk, but it would be nice.

I agree and i think it would be a good idea to do it maybe Sairs/OC/and Brigands but i assume if this goes through the admins decide in the end
Sure just convince the "Official factions" that own those ships. As right now most of them hate the indie pirates, and would shoot them on site for using thier tech.
Pirate ID is balanced ship wise as they have an unlimited ZOI. Same reason junkers have crap access to ships.
You want 3 faction ships? then so should all others get access to 3 more faction classes. After all i know my junker would love a Corsair Gunboat with only 90 core.
Tech chart was worked on for many month's, and works great. You do not like Pirate ID ships? then go faction. They are limited for a reason, live with it.
Apart from his first line... I agree with Ryoken. *Shudder*.

If you want better tech, you become part of a pirate organisation with a limited ZoI.

An independent pirate may as well be a rogue Zoner, and if you can; pirate everywhere; not be ordered around by anyone; have to manage your own technology, accomodation and food - prepare to have some technology that is worse in comparison (i.e. nerfed!)
' Wrote:Sure just convince the "Official factions" that own those ships. As right now most of them hate the indie pirates, and would shoot them on site for using thier tech.

So an IMG would love to see mercs claiming bounties on a Gasherbrum or Nanda Devi? Or GMG attacked by freelancer in a Kaichou? Zoner attacked by Conference pilot screaming "die greedy jew"? It is the same thing with the Freelancer ID. Pirates need a couple of choices when it comes to gunboats and I dont speak about Sair or OC on but for Rogue and Brigand gunboats.
Freelancers don't have a carte blanche to attack any lawful target they so choose. The Pirate ID does. It's a matter of more freedom of action versus a bigger restriction in ship tech. Pirates have plenty of choices for their gunboats. They just need to either choose to take the proper ID with that gunboat, or take a hit in efficiency...
Indy pirates are NOT buddy-buddy with the local nay-do-wellers. They are competitors and will have a very tough time finding a proper base to maintain their ships. Which means either Junker bases, Zoner bases (the ones that don't care too much about pirates using their base as a staging area) or Freelancer bases. This is also the reason why the indy pirate ID is rephacked hostile to a few unlawful factions who requested it.

[Edit] As for getting attacked with your own tech - that's been happening for ages considering tech grants could not be revoked. The new method of tech "grants" just validates it as being allowed. Suppose it's yet another reason to try and bring most ships to different shaped but functionally identical designs.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6