Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: How about we make cap ships more like Vanilla
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
I've seen a lot of people complaining that turret steer makes caps uber, and 1 GB can beat 3 bombers and such, so: How about we take away thier shields, like they were origonally meant to be?

Might require some additional balancing.
Hey, how about not?

Gunboats are meant to kill bombers and fighters.

Problem?

Fly a smaller bomber -_-
This would not require additional rebalancing - it would require total rebalancing. Consider it impossible until 4.87 or later.
' Wrote:Hey, how about not?

Gunboats are meant to kill bombers and fighters.

Problem?

Fly a smaller bomber -_-

Right, and Bombers are designed to kill caps, theyr both designed to kill each other.

However, Im not suggesting we just remove shield and leave it at that, its unlikely that would just happen to balance out, but it could be used as ONE of the changes in the rebalance from turret zoom/steer, same for transports too.

It could also be useful to allow smaller ships to be SOME help against big ships, as atm LFs sometimes cant even beat the regen of the shields, and so are NO use AT ALL.

Wait now.

GBs are anti snubcraft. They use their small size and dpm to tear bombers apart.

GBs are not countered by bombers, they are countered by other GBs and light cruisers, which can match them in speed, the cruiser turrets and razors dealing enough damage to keep the gbs off snubs.

Do not think that bombers are supposed to take out GBs with ease.

As a bomber pilot, I welcome the change. Back in 84, 85, when I met a GB I was all...heh...gunboat.
Now I am OSHI GUNBOAT!

And imho, that is how it should be.
TBH in my view it's not really that much of a problem. Gunboats are the only class that needs looking at, as they are small and fast enough to dodge incoming snacs and don't really have much of a counter, save for a Cruiser.

So yeah, nerf the gunboat shield or agility or whatever, but leave the other ship classes as they are.
Bombers kill those caps on which hits register fully easy enough. I have the feeling that it is more a "hitbox center explosion radius issue" (again?) for the biggest caps than a "shield or no shield" question.

Caps do not need a nerf, imo.

The cruiser class dies fast (in my impression almost too fast) against bombers.

And during the time when Nova hits registered fully, also the Battleships died reasonably fast. At the moment they are a pain and sometimes take more than 150 Novas and you have to use special angles to make them count.

Gbs are a completely different topic and they need rebalancing, but I have said that so often that I don't want to sound like a broken record.

Quote:As a bomber pilot, I welcome the change. Back in 84, 85, when I met a GB I was all...heh...gunboat.
Now I am OSHI GUNBOAT!

And imho, that is how it should be.

XD, yep.

Gunboats are scary for snubs now, and they should be...

Quote:TBH in my view it's not really that much of a problem. Gunboats are the only class that needs looking at, as they are small and fast enough to dodge incoming snacs and don't really have much of a counter, save for a Cruiser.

So yeah, nerf the gunboat shield or agility or whatever, but leave the other ship classes as they are.

Could work.

Quote:It could also be useful to allow smaller ships to be SOME help against big ships, as atm LFs sometimes cant even beat the regen of the shields, and so are NO use AT ALL.

LF's are not designed to attack caps, not even in a support capacity...

Only Very Heavy Fighters are remotely helpful, and even then... -_-

LF's are for attacking bombers and larger fighters.

Not to mention CD intercepting...
' Wrote:It could also be useful to allow smaller ships to be SOME help against big ships, as atm LFs sometimes cant even beat the regen of the shields, and so are NO use AT ALL.

After staring at this for like 5 minutes, i still don't know what to type. I am utterly dissapointed in you. Oh well... :laugh:

EDIT: damn ninja...
Im not suggesting they be made to be good at it, just if you happen to find yourself alone, it would be good to be able to do SOMETHING, even if only alittle.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6