Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: An illegal fight to death event idea
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Well, loving the idea, as I do, I could organize it...

There would have to be some limits involved though...

Location: Connecticut, becouse it sits roughly in the middle of Sirius and is about as neutral as Swiss...

Classes: Light Fighters, Heavy Fighters, Very Heavy Fighters...
No thrusters (to make it faster) and perhaps no armor upgrade aswell (to make it fair even to the newbies).

Bets would be taken, and split evenly between the winners:
50% goes to the winner of the fight
40% goes to the winners of the bet(split accordingly to how much they betted)
10% goes to the organizer of the event

So let's say there are 10 people each betting 50M on the Rheinlander and a surten LPI beats him with a donut warmers becouse he was promised a ton of donuts in case he won by a surten outside better who betted 10M on him money would split like this...

30M Winner
24M Bet Winner/s
6M Organizer

Opposed to capturing pilots, this kind of money would surtenly attract loads of profesional gladiators...

There could be multiple organizers joining multipla battles on a single night, with various equipment limitations,... Someone might even organise a chick fight in the muds of space...

Another Idea: All who would make OORP comments in the system chat would forfit their winnings...

As soon as the betting system is decided upon i'll make an excell sheet for it's callculations, to ease organising burden...
' Wrote:Well, loving the idea, as I do, I could organize it...

There would have to be some limits involved though...

Location: Connecticut, becouse it sits roughly in the middle of Sirius and is about as neutral as Swiss...

Classes: Light Fighters, Heavy Fighters, Very Heavy Fighters...
No thrusters (to make it faster) and perhaps no armor upgrade aswell (to make it fair even to the newbies).

Bets would be taken, and split evenly between the winners:
50% goes to the winner of the fight
40% goes to the winners of the bet(split accordingly to how much they betted)
10% goes to the organizer of the event

So let's say there are 10 people each betting 50M on the Rheinlander and a surten LPI beats him with a donut warmers becouse he was promised a ton of donuts in case he won by a surten outside better who betted 10M on him money would split like this...

30M Winner
24M Bet Winner/s
6M Organizer

Opposed to capturing pilots, this kind of money would surtenly attract loads of profesional gladiators...

There could be multiple organizers joining multipla battles on a single night, with various equipment limitations,... Someone might even organise a chick fight in the muds of space...

Another Idea: All who would make OORP comments in the system chat would forfit their winnings...

As soon as the betting system is decided upon i'll make an excell sheet for it's callculations, to ease organising burden...

You talk about a different thing here. Connecticut sits badly as a place to arrange a ILLEGAL, forced fighting place. You are talking a gladiatorial arena event. You can of course arrange such an event, but it's not the same as the original idea.
' Wrote:...
This would make the fights as dull as spool bending contests. I agree with no shields and perhaps even no armor. That would speed things up more than enough. Thrusters are of great significance in ship handling for fighter battles and removing them is like removing all guns and let the fighters ram each other to the death.
' Wrote:This would make the fights as dull as spool bending contests. I agree with no shields and perhaps even no armor. That would speed things up more than enough. Thrusters are of great significance in ship handling for fighter battles and removing them is like removing all guns and let the fighters ram each other to the death.

Maybe the thrusters could be basic ones so one couldn't thrust all the time. And a shield could be only level 2 or 3.
I'm only saying that you can't remove the thrusters and may (should) remove the shields because I have personal experience with both things. I've practiced without shields and without thrusters (though this last one was more of a goof around). You take the shields away and the fight get VERY interesting. There's no relying on shields for a head on, you have to preserve your ship to the last bolt, every landed shot counts. Really, it's awesome.

No thrusters is like... Meh. The fight gets slow and very predictable, there's little to none room for evasive tactics and aim... well, the ship is moving so slow it's rather idiotic a task for anyone to aim without thrusters. If the ships are exactly the same it may even get ridiculous depending on the stance of the fighters, they may end up chasing each other's tail endlessly.
Hmm, what if we DID take away all shields, guns, armor (leave thruster) and had a ram-each-other-into-dust-a-thon?
then we have starflier ramming... Kinda fun, but utterly stupid. A bit like american football.
' Wrote:Just an quick sketch of an idea. I don't know if this has been done yet but here goes nothing.

A criminal organization (could be OC, corsair or anyone who feels like organizing the event) kidnaps one police officer from the house police forces (4 policemen). They take them to a remote system and give them a choice to retain their lives by agreeing to fight to death. Then these policemen do a 2 vs 2 fight to death (random pairing) and then winning pair take on each other to see who gets to live with possible monetary reward.

All the on-lookers/event organizers have to pay a 5 mio entry fee that goes to the betting pot. And the winner(s) split the pot when the last policeman standing limps away with his share of credits.

Some ideas for parameters:

- low lever fighters without thrusters.

All it needs is 4 "willing" police officers and people placing bets and let the sinister blood games begin.

My Naruni Enterprises character has a arena on planet Malta. Slaves taken from all over Serius are brought to Malta and supplied to the Harems, farms and arenas.

Bloodsports are the best.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6