Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Cargo bays
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So really, what is the difference between a normal and Heavy Cargo bay? More ships to hold? Can't dock a Gun boat right?
Snub or cargo bay?

There's a difference.

Cargo bay is where you keep commodities.

Snub bay are player dock spaces.
You mean docking bay? Theres one type of module and two types of slots. Neither can take a GB. I would assume its a yet to be implemented feature.
Hanger bays for carrier ships to dock other players on them. There is a"normal" one and a Heavy one. Are there any differences between the two?

I thought it was just put in the game in the last update?
As has been said already, there currently is only one type of docking module, the "normal" one.

I think i read somewhere that other kinds of modules will be implemented and that reworking every single ship again would be alot of work, why this "spaceholder" was implemented.

Regards,
Talesin
' Wrote:I thought it was just put in the game in the last update?
Docking Modules were in-game before the update, just that the initial implementation of docking had been removed because of the number of bugs. Once they got it working, they were usable.
Here's hoping.
Yet-to-be-implemented feature. Normal docking modules take light fighter shield slot 2, heavy dock mods take light fighter shield slot 3. The first two dock mod slots on carriers, first slot on a geb, first two on the barge slots take either lf2 or lf3, while others just take lf2.
' Wrote:Yet-to-be-implemented feature. Normal docking modules take light fighter shield slot 2, heavy dock mods take light fighter shield slot 3. The first two dock mod slots on carriers, first slot on a geb, first two on the barge slots take either lf2 or lf3, while others just take lf2.

I'm sure that will make sense when the Docking things are out.
It was an option requested at the time - so it was implemented as such. The light bays are more or less for snubs docking to a specific bigger ship. The heavy bays could be used for other, carrier specific functions (such as unleashing a wing of NPCs that are armed to the teeth, or dock heavier ships). It's optional, but I believe the focus is on getting player docking to work properly first.